The Purchasing Manager assists and supports the project team by maintaining Project Supply Chain and purchasing. The Purchasing Manager must be a team player and have strong organizational and accounting skills.
What You'll Do
- Ensure regional corporate office and/or or project procurement plan(s) reflects the regional/national and/or project strategy
- Secure the best value supply of materials at a consistent quality at reasonable cost through vendor negotiations through the use of the exercise of sound business judgment and decision-making
- Leveraging Skanska's buying power in relationships and expertise to ensure all materials and services are supplied at the lowest total cost of ownership
- Help develop a vendor pool and ensure all recommended vendors have undergone the Skanska prequalification process and are approved before use and contracting if applicable
- Independently lead the development of project or regional office strategies for the procurement of goods
- Help facilitate the cross transfer of knowledge and expertise across different projects
- Independently lead the management of purchasing process against strategy and program for project or regional office.
- Assist Estimating with review meetings where appropriate
- Ensure requisitions are processed in a timely and professional manner and that orders are placed for the correct goods
- Work with Operations and Estimating to negotiate terms and pricing with vendors for individual projects or regional office
- Contribute to and support a preferred vendor program for consistent pricing and delivery of commodities across regional supply chain.
- Undertake line management and manage responsibilities for direct report staff ensuring each is effectively managed, have a current performance review and learning plan, and are able to carry out duties as assigned to them
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions with vendors while consulting with Procurement Director and Corporate Legal
- Oversee the maintenance and review of all procurement analytics, reporting and deliverables
- Attend pre-construction meetings and participate in kick-off meeting, as required.
- Provide training and conduct independent procurement-related audits to ensure procedures are followed
- Enforce processes for procure to pay
- Run reports and audit procure to pay process
What We're Looking For:
- Previous experience as a buyer and/or procurement experience, ideally from a similar background or industry.
- Extensive knowledge of suppliers, market prices and trends
- Possess knowledge of equipment and materials common in the construction industry
- Ability to independently negotiate competitively and effectively
- Must possess leadership and people management skills
- Must have strong analytical skills particularly for pricing and quality
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, and Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization. JD Edwards experience needed
- Have a strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to independently perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be team player but able to work independently with little supervision and engage in independent decision-making to meet fixed deadlines, goals and objectives
- Bachelor's Degree – Construction Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business or equivalent
- 5 years of industry experience
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2016 by Forbes.
- Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular