The USC Roski Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology is seeking a Postdoctoral Scholar-Research Associate to join a highly interdisciplinary research team performing both basic science and translational clinical research.
The Principal Investigator is seeking a motivated and energetic post-doctoral fellow who is interested in participating in clinical translational research. The ideal candidate will have a background in medical or paramedical specialties including but not limited to Ophthalmology, Neurology, Internal Medicine, Imaging, and Paramedical specialties. Experience is not necessary but desired in the field of Ophthalmology. The ideal candidate may have experience in the fields above with graduate level or higher degree and experience. The ideal candidates will be interested in learning new techniques and subject areas in this fast paced and dynamic position that requires team-work and creativity. One or more interviews may be required for the position.
Serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently. Analyzes research data and provides interpretations. Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
Job Accountabilities include:
- Serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently.
- Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
- Analyzes and evaluates research data utilizing computers and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research. Searches literature, utilizing all available resources including electronic, regarding new methodology and designs experiments accordingly.
- Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated laboratory/scientific equipment
Preferred Education: Graduate level degree including PhD, MD, OD, MS, or equivalent level of experience and education.
Preferred Experience: 1+ years
Preferred Field of Expertise: One or more of the following: Ophthalmology, Neurology, Internal Medicine, Imaging, Phlebotomy, Paramedical specialties.
Applicant Attachments (Required): Application/CV
Applicant Attachments (Optional): Cover Letter
Work Location: HC4 (Doheny Eye Institute)
Percentage of Time: 100%; 37.5 hour per week
Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous five years
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Directly related education in research specialization with advanced knowledge of equipment, procedures and analysis methods.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: