Univision Local Media is looking for an Editor – Phone Screener. This position is responsible for engaging our brand audiences on-air, via phone and on social media across multiple markets. The ideal candidate excels in listener interaction and engagement, is detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. He or she has a fundamental understanding of our different brands, their target audiences, how to best service the listener needs and also cultivate content for use on-air and on social media.
Must be collaborative, resourceful, responsible and willing to take direction, have exceptional communication skills and enjoy bringing the best out of people. The ideal candidate must have a tremendous personality and serves as an ambassador to our brands, self-motivated, adaptable to work in an open seating environment, adapts rapidly to change and works effectively under pressure; reacts quickly, and meets tight deadlines. He/she is determined, driven and counts on excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and draw information from people, all in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Records, edits and updates listener information in databases; records, edits and coordinates phone calls and produce segments to fit the needs of stations for various markets.
- Prepares and produces audio clips, music beds, and any other form of audio content elements needed for the daily execution of the station.
- Works with brand promotions directors, brand content leads, digital content directors and local activations managers to produce consistent and dynamic on-air and online content.
- Participates in creative meetings to brainstorm ideas for stations and special promotions.
- Assists in feeding and monitoring digital platforms for the brands.
- Works comfortably with scheduling and automation software systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Prior experience in client or listener fulfillment (Promotions, Retail, Call Center)
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Basic audio editing experience using Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, Audacity or comparable software
- Previous Radio, TV or Digital Media experience
- High School or equivalent
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills
- Strong interest in entertainment, Hispanic pop culture and social media
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Radio production or Promotional experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Sense of urgency and deadline-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good content judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse personalities
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Demonstrated experience editing audio segments
- Hours must be flexible to accommodate promotional campaigns, including early mornings and nights
- Must be willing to work from office in Los Angeles, CA
- Education and experience will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.