Part Time Sales Associate, Champion, Los Angeles, CA
HanesBrands Inc., (HBI) is a global company with more than 59,000 associates in 33 countries, all working together to create the world’s best apparel to include iconic brands such as Champion, Hanes, Bali, Bonds, and many more. We offer enormous opportunities for creative thinkers, for people with a passion for consumers, and for people who think like business owners. We’re building a truly inclusive culture, where people of different backgrounds, races, cultures and experiences come together to make us stronger. We are a sustainable company committed to making a positive difference in our communities and around the world.
Under the direction of the Store Manager, work in a branded retail business that generates superior retail returns and provides America’s best Champion brands. To connect with, provide optimal customer service, and sell to customers, enabling the store to achieve sales objectives. Sales Associates may be involved in all of the activities of the store including sales, display and merchandising, housekeeping, and stocking.
- Act as a Champion brands ambassador.
- Acknowledge customers within the store and assist, recommend, select, obtain or help locate merchandise based on customer’s needs and desires.
- Develop an in-depth product knowledge of merchandise sold in the store through use of catalogs and product literature offered by the Company. Also by working with the store management on a daily basis.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise, describe merchandise, and explain fabrication and care of merchandise to customers.
- Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Maintain personal sales goals that are set by management.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Keep store management informed of any problems which could cause morale or performance problems within the store.
- Responsible for following all Company procedures which apply to store.
- Deliver genuine customer experience following the guidelines in the playbook.
- Straighten merchandise in store daily and repackage any loose merchandise.
- Proper maintaining of store housekeeping consisting of sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms, break room and any other areas as directed by management.
- Always work in a safe manner to ensure that Company safety guidelines are being followed.
- Work in any area of the store needing assistance as required by management.
- 1-2 years retail experience preferred
- Equivalent of High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must maintain availability that meets the needs of the business and allows for flexibility in scheduling 15-25 hours per week (Max 30 hours - as needed based on business coverage
- Must be 17 or older
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
Connect With Us!
Join our talent network and learn more about Hanes Brands.