Founded in 2013, GIPHY Inc. is the first and largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, and pop culture moments make today’s expression, entertainment, and info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, and more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack and WhatsApp. We serve more than 10 billion pieces of content (GIFs, Stickers, etc.) per day, to a daily user reach of 700+ million.
We’re a creative and passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals and are looking for talented people to join us.
GIPHY’s Studios team is looking for a contract Motion Designer to create micro-content for brand and partner projects for our industry-leading content agency. As a Motion Designer, you will create GIFs and stickers for ad campaigns and GIPHY Original projects. The ideal candidate will be an expert in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects. They will also have experience working with advertisers and brands, editing and manipulating video footage, and collaborating with various teams and departments.
As part of our application process, please share links to a portfolio or samples of past work.
What You'll Do:
- Edit and manipulate video footage and digital assets into original GIFs and stickers for brand campaigns (build string outs, key out green screen, color correct, etc.)
- Create and apply text, custom backgrounds, animations, and special effects to GIFs and stickers
- Collaborate with Producers, Art Directors, Directors, DPs, Video Editors, Artists, etc. to establish tone & feel of GIFs, stickers, and overall campaigns
- Be responsible for both quality and timeliness of content
- Prioritize tasks to ensure work is completed on time
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise and communicate solutions to team
- Keep updated on the latest trends in new media, video, television, design, advertising, and marketing to inform creative
Who You Are:
- 2-3 years of relevant Motion Designer experience
- Previous experience working on branded campaigns
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple campaigns at once
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and knowledge of other editing/creation tools, including; Cinema 4D, Final Cut, Keynote/Google Slide, etc.
- Up to date on internet culture and trends
- Ability to create in various styles and use different creative tools to achieve those styles
- Comfortable with special effects: green screen, color correction, animation, compositing, etc.
- Creative eye for unique & different editing techniques/solutions with the willingness to teach other members of the team
- Familiar with creating GIFs/stickers / general understanding of various export formats
This is a 3-month contract position with a max of 40 hours per week.