Reporting to the Director of Grants Management, the Grants Manager (GM) provides leadership, strategy, and technical expertise for post-award Research and Service Grants and Contracts within AltaMed. The Manager works closely with the Director of Grants Management to provide an effective flow of communication, recommended improved standards, regulatory compliance, policies, procedures and technology, to ensure adherence to internal and external policies, executed contracts, and funder agreements. The GM develops and implements milestones and standards by which funded grants and contract programs maintain a high standard of regulatory compliance with contractual programmatic and fiscal obligations. The GM is responsible for working closely with program personnel and principal investigators to ensure agreements are satisfactorily processed, implemented and concluded in the areas of contract negotiation, sub-award agreements, and post-award monitoring of programs/services/projects supported by funding provided in the form of grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts from external/internal funding sources (e.g., federal agencies, state agencies, private companies, or foundations) and including sub-awards from educational institutes (UCLA, USC, CDU, UCI, etc.). The Grants Manager reviews and processes agreements; reviews and ensures viability of contract terms; informs AltaMed staff of special contractual requirements; ensures compliance with AltaMed guidelines; when appropriate, provides training and coaching to program implementation staff.
- Review and monitor compliance and contractual requirements of:
- Highly complex federal, state, and county contracts of funded programs
- Memorandum of Understanding agreements of funded programs
- Prepares detail listing of all grants to include staffing, grant compliance requirements, term of grant, amount of grant, contact people,
reapplication schedule, and the schedule of all required reports including budget amendments to adequately monitor reporting compliance.
- Consult with Finance, Compliance, Risk Management, Legal Counsel, and other central administration offices regarding special terms and
conditions of contracts and agreements.
- Coordinates routine meetings with operations personnel involved in grant deliverables to ensure accuracy and consistency of program
- Advise staff in interpreting and adhering to grant requirements.
- Ability to foster good working relationships with managers, peers and contracting agency personnel and maintain discretion of financial,
particularly payroll, information.
- Review, monitor, and guide appropriateness of expenditures on awards and makes recommendations for program changes or cost reductions
- r spending to maximize budget usage.
- Correspond with funders, lead applicants, and sub-recipients (if any) regarding contractual requirements.
Bachelor degree is required or equivalent 4 years of experience required. Master's in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field such as Public Health is preferred. 2 years progressive experience in finance, grant, and contract management or 3 years of program management implementation in leadership role. Some experience in providing leadership, vision, technical and project management in setting priorities, directing setting for cross-functional teams, and meeting project timeline goals. Familiarity with legal procedures and language is desirable, but not required.