Litigation Assistant (Discovery)
Do you want to LOVE where you work and get trained to be a successful litigation assistant?
Jacoby & Meyers is the pre-eminent law firm protecting consumers since 1972. We are currently seeking a smart and determined litigation assistant to join our growing team. At Jacoby & Meyers, every single employee gets to make an impact. Our values guide the way we work with each other. It's a culture where you have the freedom to experiment and push your talents as far as they can go.
Job Title: Litigation Assistant (Discovery)
Type of Position: Full time
Hours: M-F 9-5 pm; flexible
Core duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with client to obtain information/prepare discovery responses, submit to handling attorney at least 48 hours prior to deadline for response
- Know when team needs to prepare and send supplemental discovery
- Print and save faxes to appropriate folder on server
- Provide lit concierge service/updates to clients and providers on status of case
- Coordinate with paralegal to make sure we have all medical records and bills before preparing discovery responses
- Supplement & Amend discovery responses once we obtain new medical bills or records
- Follow up with clients regarding settlement release(s)
- Draft RFD, request settlement check, review settled cases, and send to liens
- Run monthly team reports for team meeting
- When subbed out send file and lien to new attorney (after review by handling attorney)
- Requests Ubers/set transportation for clients
- Prepare discovery binders
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of litigation experience
- Very well organized
- Good follow up
- Strong communication skills
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Pet Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D Coverage, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, Paid Holidays
- Health FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Flexible Hours
- Fully-paid parking
- 401(k) with Company Match
Jacoby & Meyers was founded in 1972 with the intention of making the legal system more accessible to the average person. Now, more than 45 years later, we continue to help people get the justice and compensation they deserve. Specializing in all types of accident claims, including automobile, motorcycle, bicycle, Uber/Lyft, or trucking accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, construction accidents and other wrongful conduct, the attorneys at Jacoby & Meyers have recovered over a billion dollars for their clients' personal injury and wrongful death claims caused by the negligence of a third party.
Jacoby & Meyers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.