KIPP SoCal Public Schools (KIPP SoCal) is a nonprofit organization that operates tuition-free, open-enrollment, public charter schools focused on preparing students in systemically under-resourced communities in Southern California for choice filled lives. In July 2019, KIPP LA Public Schools and KIPP San Diego Public Schools united to become KIPP SoCal Public Schools to better meet the needs of our students. We currently operate 19 schools, educate approximately 8,200 students and support an additional 4,300 alumni who are attending high school and college.
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse will provide appropriate care to students with physical limitations at multiple campuses. They will meet the individual health needs of students and provide nursing care described in individualized health care plans. This position reports to the Managing Director of Special Education.
- Administer prescribed medication as ordered by a physician
- Monitor and provide specialized health care procedures including sterile and/or clean urinary catheterizations, blood sugar monitoring, oral and/or tracheotomy suctioning, care of ostomies, nasogastric and/or gastrostomy tube care for students with chronic illnesses for the purpose of assisting the child in achieving the highest possible functional level per individualized healthcare plan.
- Provide emergency care in situation such as anaphylactic shock, cardiopulmonary distress, respiratory distress, insulin reactions, hypoglycemic reactions, seizures, and other medical emergencies.
- Assist with toileting, first aid, and student mobility around school campus as needed
- Communicate with parents regarding needs of assigned students
- Vocational Nurse Licensure required
- High School diploma required
- Flexible and adaptable
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish)
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP SoCal Schools
- Starting rate of $19/hour + a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer paid KIPP SoCal life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays and sick leave
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.