Requisition Number: 31615 Job Title: PROGRAMMER/ANALYST II Working Title: IT Support Analyst Salary: 24.81-48.70 Job Type: Career Department Name: 1180-DEAN'S OFFICE, SPA Department Website URL: Job Summary Statement: Reporting directly to the IT Director(s) of Client Services and indirectly to the Director of IT Systems, the incumbent is a responsible for delivering quality, customer-focused technical and end-user support for UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs staff and faculty and to the classroom environment in the School's graduate : Urban Planning, Social Welfare, Public Policy and Public Affairs Undergraduate program(s). The IT Support Analyst is part of the IT team that supports hardware, software, operating systems and classroom technology of the Luskin School. The analyst will monitor the helpdesk systems (phone and email) and serve as the lead analyst to the helpdesk consultants on all requests. Responsibilities include troubleshooting and configuration of computing equipment including classroom technology (PCs, Macs, desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile), OS and software installation, basic hardware repair, supporting Microsoft Office to end users, user account setup and maintenance, remote access/VPN, and installation of printers and/or other wired and wireless peripherals. Identify and troubleshoot network connections on the Luskin network and report findings to the IT Systems Director as needed. Maintain knowledge and expertise in current and emerging software and hardware identifying own learning needs and plans to meet those needs to better coordinate the effective and responsive resolution of complex and technical problems. Create and maintain how-to documentation and online training for team, users and students to the Luskin School. The analyst will also be the primary analyst for overseeing the daily tasks within the helpdesk including the support of Audio Visual equipment for events and classrooms. Position may include after-hour events. Experience managing multiple competing demands in a fast-paced environment with changing customer needs. Percentage of Time: 100 Shift Start: 8:00 am Shift End: 5:00 pm Qualifications for Position
15 Records Qualifications Required/Preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Servers(AD), Desktop and Office suites in order to troubleshoot a wide variety of problems and issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC and Macintosh hardware to perform
diagnostics and repair.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of network communication
protocols and LAN technology to perform network diagnostics and
repair client side problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of commonly used software
products for word processing, email, database, spreadsheet and basic
knowledge of classroom-course software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network printer troubleshooting and
management on PC, Macintosh
- Skill in establishing rapport and gaining the trust of others. Skill in
listening perceptively and conveying awareness.
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with faculty, students and staff of various social, cultural and
- Demonstrated ability to provide courteous, accurate and informed
customer service on the telephone and in person.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to a rapidly changing technological
environment, involving constant retraining and the requirement to keep
abreast of technological developments.
Can be trained
- Demonstrated ability to set up classroom audio and audiovisual equipment
for use in classrooms and events.
Can be trained
- Demonstrated ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in Standard English, both
written and verbally, to share information with coworkers and users and
to explain policies and procedures in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult customer service situations calmly, courteously and efficiently.
- Demonstrated skill in maintaining confidentiality, and high level of personal integrity, discretion, honesty, tact & professional maturity.
- Must be able to lift and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
Preferred Additional Posting Information Bargaining Unit: 99-Policy Covered Application Deadline: 11-22-2019 External Posting Date: Quicklink To Posting: hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=77888 Special Instructions: Contact information: Number of Positions: Special Employment Designations/ Requirements Per UC Policy Conflict of Interest: N/A Critical: Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation. Driving Record: N/A E-Verify Check:
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information This position does not require E-Verify check. CANRA:
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA? No Other Special Employment Requirements: Position is subject to performance standards and other requirements of the University wide Police Policies and Administrative Procedures.
Return to Search Results