A career in our Human Resources team, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You'll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm's people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace. As part of our Policy, Strategy and Leadership team, you'll provide strategic oversight, manage operations, and develop policies for all aspects of the Human Resources team.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The role is part of the Global Talent & Impact team. The individual will support and lead activities/priorities across the talent & performance management space, creating and communicating network and territory standards and guidance, based on a combination of leading practices and input from global stakeholders. Must be a self starter, with a client service mindset, who can work with territories, in an evolving landscape, to solve important problems.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in human resources policies and practices, preferably within a professional services environment, including the following areas:
- Understanding of and experience executing performance and talent management programs;
- Managing a fast-paced, tech enabled environment with multiple diverse stakeholders, handle multiple projects simultaneously and operate under deadline pressure;
- Showcasing communication and presentation skills (i.e. written and verbal);
- Demonstrating familiarity with design thinking concepts, and comfort level leading design thinking sessions;
- Demonstrating confidence managing global stakeholders, with competing needs;
- Facilitating team calls and coordinating various team meetings (virtual and in person);
- Having Project Management and Change Management experience in a complex and dynamic environment;
- Demonstrating ability to own and deliver high quality work independently that feeds into a wider team;
- Demonstrating ability to assimilate information quickly and deal with ambiguity;
- Exhibiting a track record of delivering to tight deadlines;
- Demonstrating ability to identify and manage risks and issues appropriately;
- Being a self-starter with the ability to see projects through to completion;
- Having desire to grow and develop, seeks feedback and shares openly in a productive and respectful way;
- Demonstrating experience working as part of large project teams;
- Understanding of HC system implementations;
- Understanding of Workday (desired); and,
- Showcasing problem solving and client-minded orientation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.