Founded in Australia in 2014, Petal & Pup is an online business with an emphasis on creating the best possible customer experience. We were obsessed with how our ‘shopfront’ looks and are committed to ensuring our customers have a wide choice of all the latest and greatest styles.
With further expansion as a global player, in late 2019 we set up a new Los Angeles-based office, in addition to operating an office and distribution center in Brisbane Australia.
We are now looking for top performers to join our global business in order to grow the Petal & Pup brand around the world! If this sounds like something different that you would love to work for, what are you waiting for!
We are experiencing a continued period of rapid growth, both locally in Australia and also Internationally. We are committed to building a global brand and currently have an exciting new opportunity available for an experienced globally minded Controller. This position is based in our new US office located in the recently reimagined Playa District campus located just off the 405 freeway and Sepulveda Boulevard.
Our Global Controller will oversee a global team of approximately (5) finance and accounting professionals located in both the United States and Australia. Our Global Controller coaches, mentors, trains, and develops their team using a variety of tools and process to consistently improve the accounting and finance organization while ensuring the proper controls are in place to support GAAP accounting standards and the successful completion of the annual audit. In addition, this position is responsible for advocating for operational enhancements, driving team performance, and achieving operating results (i.e., timely monthly/quarterly/annual close, 13-week cash flow forecast, and general cash flow management including the negotiation or renegotiation of terms). Working collaboratively with other leaders in the business the incumbent manages annual cyclical processes, researches and resolves complex accounting situations, analyses data, identifies trends, sets priorities, and provides feedback and recommendations to brand and platform leadership. Some international travel may be required.
This Role is Responsible For:
- Leading and managing the day-to-day operations of our global accounting and finance team.
- Leading, improving, and delivering a timely monthly/quarterly/annual close process.
- Reviewing monthly management accounts to provide relevant and timely financial information to key stakeholders.
- Overseeing transaction-processing operations to ensure correct coding and allocations.
- Reconciling sales and refunds from the E-commerce platform.
- Reviewing weekly margin, sales, and stock reporting
- Analyzing variances to budgets/forecasts and provide commentary.
- Reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with maintaining GAAP standards, completing tax returns, and statutory reporting.
- Daily oversight and control of cash, cash flow, inventory, and assets.
- Identifying process improvements to provide efficiencies, particularity in relation to the ERP. (i.e., NetSuite)
- Other ad hoc financial analysis as requested by the Global CFO, brand leadership, or platform leadership.
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Two (2) to four (4) years of previous experience as a Controller in a global multi-million dollar enterprise.
- Four (4) to six (6) years of directly relevant supervisory experience (as a Controller, Director of Accounting, Accounting Manager, or Similar).
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of previous accounting experience (preferably in a growth oriented company).
- Experience leading teams of five (5) to (10) people with accountability for their performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; additional relevant work experience can be substituted for an earned degree.
- CPA Preferred (or a willingness to earn with twelve (12) months of starting with the brand)
- Experience with retail, consumer-packaged-goods (CPG), and/or ecommerce businesses high-desired.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP and international accounting practices.
- Working knowledge of NetSuite (or similar accounting/ERP software).
- Experience with Glew.io or other Business Intelligence or visualization tool.
- Strong attention to detail and a process-oriented mindset.
- Ability and desire to work in a high-growth, fluid work environment.
CPA Requirement - We require that any successful candidate for the position will either have or be willing to earn their CPA designation within twelve (12) months of starting. To assist in either maintaining or earning your CPA designation, Petal & Pup is willing to provide financial assistance towards classes, testing costs, and/or recertification programs. Additionally details will be provided to a successful candidate at the time of offer.
We offer a package that can only be described as best in class within the retail space today!
· Amazing Employee Discount Program (50%)
· Breakfast & Snacks Daily + All the Coffee, Tea, Water, & Soda You Can Drink
· Company Sponsored Medical (HMO & PPO Options), Dental, & Vision Plans
· Company Paid Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, & Employee Assistance Plans
· 401(k) Program (100% Match Up to 5% of Pay)
· Individual & Team Based Leadership Development Programs
· Positive Company Culture that Celebrates both Personal & Company Milestones
· 15 Vacation Days + 5 Sick Days + 10 Holidays
Aside from the amazing array of tangible benefits and perks, Petal & Pup offers you the chance to make a daily impact on a global business. You have the opportunity to pursue your passion and plan your own future as part of our team!
#Petal&Pup #PursueYourPassion #Petal&PupCareers #ExcelerateYourCareer
Petal & Pup is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applicants from all walks of life. Come join us, different makes us better
If you need assistance or accommodation during the hiring process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not respond to application inquiries or resume submissions via this email address.