Rival is on a mission to transform the $200B live events industry by empowering fans, teams and artists with a modern, authentic and trustworthy commerce experience. Live event ticketing is an industry that hasn’t been meaningfully disrupted in 30 years. It’s fragmented, reliant on legacy systems, susceptible to fraud and lacking in basic security. To build a universal platform, Rival is tackling unique set of problems and we're looking for fearless problems solvers to help us achieve our mission and inspire the fan in everyone.
Rival is looking for a Mid to Senior level Frontend Engineer who has experience building new features and User Interfaces. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a small team of Frontend Engineers to translate design and product requirements into functional code. Beyond the Frontend Team, you’ll work closely with UX, Product, and Backend Engineers in our highly collaborative environment.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of planned features and UI/UX designs
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Write performant and testable frontend code for high performance optimization, maintainability, and scalability
- Translating designs and product requirement into functional code
- Significant experience with a modern Frontend framework (We use React)
- 3+ years of experience
- React Native & Typescript
- Exposure to backend language and frameworks - we use Python, but it’s okay if you’ve only worked with Java, RoR, Node.js, etc.
- Experience with AWS or similar
- Experience with automated testing
- if you have experience building API's
- BS in CS or equivalent
We are a team of passionate and talented engineers, product managers, designers and operators who have come together to build something the right way from the ground up.
You’re one of us if you:
- Eat complexity for breakfast
- Get inspired by iconic consumer experiences that your friends and family care about
- Intellectually curious and quietly confident; we have big brains, not big egos
- Have a voracious appetite for learning, growing and pushing yourself to the next level
- Inclusive, collaborative and team-first contributor
- Lead with an open heart and mind, and generate joy for others around you
Life @ Rival
Rival respects your whole life. Whether you’ve got kids or you’re a dog parent or you direct musicals (yes we do all that), we know there’s more to you than work. Here are some of the ways we support our squad:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits with generous employer contribution
- Dog-friendly office in sunny Playa Vista
- Fully subsidized lunch and dinner
- Friendly and focused work environment
Rival is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and dimensional work environment.