This Financial Reporting Accountant position is an opportunity for an ambitious accounting professional with one to three years accounting experience to join a dynamic business with high growth ambitions.
J2 Global continues to grow and we are expanding our financial reporting team to meet these additional responsibilities. As a fast paced, dynamic, global accounting team of a public company we are responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Company's financial reporting activities.
As a Staff Accountant, you will participate in all activities related to the financial reporting cycle and will have exposure to several aspects of the accounting for the Corporate entity.
- Prepare standard and specialized reports accounting to GAAP
- Assist in the coordination of annual and quarterly review activities of external auditor requests
- Prepare detailed financial footnote disclosures
- Responsible for managing and supporting footnotes within our annual and quarterly SEC filings
- Support various financial reporting responsibilities including the quarterly press release and other external reporting requirements
- Assist in the review and preparation of financial models in connection with the determination of fair value related to business combinations
- Support month end close procedures of the Corporate entity
- Assist in preparing a variety of journal entries in multiple currencies
- Assist in preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Special projects as assigned
Requirements and Experience:
Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or other related field
1-3 years of relevant experience or internship in a Public or Corporate Accounting setting
Proficiency in MS Office Suite with advanced Excel skill
Ability to work in a team environment and be an active and engaged member of the Financial Reporting team
Detail- orientated and proficient in preparing accurate work in a timely manner to meet deadlines
Take ownership of assigned tasks and is proactive in resolving issues
Demonstrate flexibility in being involved in ad hoc projects and process improvements
Flexibility in hours as required for deliverable deadlines during quarter-end close
Ability to adapt quickly, work independently, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Working knowledge of Oracle or Oracle fusion and/or Workiva (WDesk) is a plus