Req Number: 34373
The hourly pay range for this role is $18.86 to $27.00. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Los Angeles, CA. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401k plans to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through the Apply button above (or through internal career site if you are a current employee).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Responsible for the day-to-day engineering needs of the hotel property. Handles day-to-day management of the engineering staff and reports any issues to the General Manager or Director of Engineering.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Builds, repairs, and paints all parts of the hotel.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with General Manager or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- Fabricate and repair furniture and fixtures.
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Assist in delivery and set up of all new equipment such as televisions, mattresses, tables, chairs, etc.
- Communicate with Director of Engineering on projects as assigned.
- Respond, or assign an engineer to respond to all customer requests in a timely and personable manner.
- Supervise the shift engineers on day-to-day repairs and engineering needs on property.
- Conduct daily checks on shift engineer's daily work and makes suggestions and corrections as needed.
- Work with the Director of Engineering to coordinate weekly work schedules.
- Manage HotSOS requests and efficiency.
What You Bring
- 2+ years related experience as a shift engineer at a full-service hotel.
- Embody and value Kimpton culture!
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Kimpton Everly Hotel