KIPP SoCal Public Schools (KIPP SoCal) is a nonprofit organization that operates tuition-free, open-enrollment, public charter schools focused on preparing students in systemically under-resourced communities in Southern California for choice filled lives. In July 2019, KIPP LA Public Schools and KIPP San Diego Public Schools united to become KIPP SoCal Public Schools to better meet the needs of our students. We currently operate 19 schools, educate approximately 8,200 students and support an additional 4,300 alumni who are attending high school and college.
- The Donor Stewardship and Events Manager will have a critical role in supporting the growth and strength of KIPP SoCal’s donor base. They will impact donor retention and acquisition rates by leading donor stewardship and cultivation as well as event strategy and implementation. They will be primarily responsible for supporting the growth of relationships with donors, current and new, and for playing the pivotal role of primary lead on events, creating experiences through signature events that inspire current donors to elevate giving and new audiences to begin supporting KIPP SoCal. These include the inaugural Gala in 2020, Museum of KIPP Art (MOKA), KIPPSTAR, Start Strong, as well as various donor salon dinners and private events. They will work with board members, host committee members, and the External Impact Team to manage and successfully lead these efforts. The Donor Stewardship and Events Manager will report to the Director of Development.
- The Donor Stewardship and Events Manager must have expert project management skills, event planning and production expertise and the ability to work collaboratively with different audiences. They will be responsible for the following:
Stewardship & Cultivation
- Leading the vision and implementation of a robust, year-round stewardship and cultivation plan and calendar that meaningfully engages donors at all giving levels. This includes envisioning highly-customized engagement materials and experiences for top donors as well as customizing messaging for the broad donor base.
- Participating as a team member to collaborate with Development Team members on deepening specific funder relationships in order to elevate giving, including individuals, foundations and corporations.
- In partnership with Marketing and Communications, lead messaging and narrative on donor communication pieces.
- Develop event vision and strategy for engaging new audiences and current donors more deeply. Define priorities and work closely with the Development Team to create an events strategy as a critical component to annual planning.
- Set ambitious goals. For each event, clearly define qualitative objectives and quantitative goals in order to clarify how to evaluate success.
- Create an annual events calendar. This includes the inaugural Gala (tbd 2020), MOKA, KIPPSTAR, Start Strong as well as multiple donor salon events or unique event opportunities (such as school-opening events) throughout the year.
- Develop and share processes and systems for executing high-quality events. Adopt best practices for event planning and execution, such that we build upon our successes and continue to refine execution
High-Quality Event Management
- Lead vision for and manage a successful engagement plan at events for new audiences and current donors to inspire them to begin, continue or elevate their KIPP SoCal support. Recognize that the purpose of events is to cultivate new relationships and more deeply engage current donors to develop long-term relationships that will grow over time, create a robust pre-event, day/night-of, and post-event follow up plan that maximizes our opportunity to request and receive funding from participants, ideally within three-months post event.
- Project manage events. Serve as the primary lead manager to produce high-quality and engaging events for prospective donors and critical audiences.
- Collaborate with board and host committee members. Facilitate, support and lead host committee member towards creating impactful and successful events.
- Set program content vision and project manage execution. Work closely with the host committee and team to develop high-quality content that meaningfully and comfortably engages the appropriate audiences.
- Work with third-party vendors. Coordinate and manage the work and production of external partners, including event planning company relationship, etc. Also work with the External Impact Team Associate to make sure all contracts are signed and bills are paid on a timely basis
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of work experience successfully implementing high-profile events in a fast-paced, high-capacity work environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated, strong ability to build strong, long-term partnerships and trust, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exemplary verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Able to seek creative solutions to challenging situations. Open to considering different perspectives, being flexible to absorb information and adjust plans quickly when appropriate.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills. Able to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals to create manageable work plans and initiate process improvements. Strong achievement orientation with exceptional time management skills.
- Exhibits track record of success in producing high-quality guest experiences (especially for VIPs).
- Meticulous attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and a high-quality bar, specifically with that of execution.
- A demonstrated passion for improving K-12 public education
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of the cost
- Employer-paid KIPP SoCal life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Pet Insurance, Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous paid time off program includes 22 holidays, 10 sick days and 10 vacation days per year
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.