REVOLT Media & TV creates and curates the best in hip-hop culture and engages youth in social conversation – on-air, on-line, and on-demand. This unapologetically hip-hop, multi-platform network offers original and acquired programming for linear and digital platforms as well as live events and activations across the country.
Dynamic and exciting opportunity for a Director of Social
• Digital Marketing to help lead our social and digital marketing team to develop and execute a multi-platform social strategy focused on growing the core audience as well as supporting tune in to our broadcast channel. We're looking for someone who is data driven, always ahead of the curve on social platforms, with a good news sense and organizational skills. You will help craft the voice of REVOLT and manage day to day responsibilities. You are expected to be a leader in the space and to help elevate REVOLT as the leading authority in Hip Hop.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Head of Digital to conceptualize, define and implement social media strategies for REVOLT
- Manage social team productivity and assignments; lead team in executing all social media team projects that involve community management, and social tactics
- Develop qualitative and quantitative content performance goals, measure campaign performance, and provide key insights and reports to leadership on the performance of web and social content
- Help shape and lead the voice of REVOLT on our social channels, from day to day copy and messaging that ladder up into larger brand guidelines
- Work closely with the Product, Sales, Social, Editorial, Linear and Digital teams to support social requests and overall business goals
- Help manage, build, plan, and maintain social publishing calendar, balancing brand, show, and campaign content across all channels including YouTube and REVOLT.tv
- Build out and present show-specific launch plans for partners, sales, and show teams
- Assist with ideation, production and optimization of digital marketing campaigns, content and promotion initiatives across all our platforms
- Curate, prioritize and publish consistent brand messaging and increase audience engagement
- Create best in class 360 digital marketing campaigns (paid, owned, and earned) to help support all our content initiatives
Who you are:
- Up to 5 years' experience managing social at a notable publication or high-volume website covering news, content, music, and Hip Hop culture
- Proven track record leading social teams to drive high volume of engagement traffic driven back to site, and linear tune in support
- In depth expert in Hip Hop culture
Must have deep level and be fluent in the nuances present across all key social platforms, including paid media best practices, promotional campaigns, algorithmic shifts/impact, ad opportunities, industry POVs/theories, etc.
- A positive, proactive, “Can do“ attitude, where no job is too little or too big
- Basic proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, video editing programs like Premiere or Final Cut, and/or similar tools to create simple, creative multimedia assets that can be leveraged on social
- Knowledge of data driven social CMS and analytics tools like Parse.ly, Omniture, Google Analytics, Sprout, SimplyMeasured
- Experience running paid social campaigns on Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snap, AdWords, Reddit, etc.
- Ability to travel domestically and work weekends and late nights