WE’RE NOT NINJAS. WE’RE MARKETERS!
Hawke was founded on the idea that every modern business needs a CMO-level expert to lead digital marketing efforts. We customize data-driven, performance-focused solutions to help launch, scale, and invigorate businesses of all sizes, industries, and revenue models. We’re shifting the agency paradigm by putting client success ahead of our own.
We’ve been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur, INC, Business Insider, and CNN, and we can boast clients such as Red Bull, Verizon, Evite (and many, many more). We work hard, collaborate well, to create our dynamic culture. We go on company-wide trips, take time to pet our furry friends in the office, play ping-pong, drink cold brew on tap, and host the best happy hours at our HQ in West Los Angeles.
Come join our nest and soar with the Hawke family! We are looking for a Director, Paid Media who will be responsible for identifying and developing the people, processes, and products that will enable the organization to position itself as “The Outsourced CMO” and grow businesses of varying sizes and revenue models across all industries and verticals by facilitating the creation of compelling digital media campaigns with the objective of growing the organization and its clients’ revenues and brand footprints at the lowest costs. The ultimate objective of the individual in this role is to enable the Media Buying department at Hawke Media to be recognized as the premier online and offline media agency partner of the 21st century.
- Aggressively drive department growth (and therefore) organizational top-line revenue growth while minimizing the Media Buying department’s operational costs and expenses.
- Develop and enforce Media Buying department mission, vision, statement of core values, and standard operating procedures in accordance with the guiding principles of Hawke Media.
- Spearhead the ongoing development and improvement of the department’s internal processes and work product delivered to Hawke Media clients.
- Employee Life Cycle Management:
- Oversee the hiring, onboarding, training, and developmental processes of new Media Buying department hires.
- Developing new job descriptions and department roles based on opportunities that present itself internally and/or based on external market conditions.
- Manage natural attrition and forecasting number of new hires needed to maintain a healthy number of clients per staff member.
- Termination of underperforming staff members.
- Ensure channel operational efficiency by monitoring clients/person worksheet and assigning 8+ clients to each staff member (on average).
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all administrative tasks by department staff. This includes time-tracking, adherence to documentation of tasks in project management software, weekly wins, documentation of deliverables in cloud sharing, objectives and key results software, etc.
- Design coursework and materials for continuing education and technical skill-building to support the professional growth of all department staff with support from training and operational staff members.
- Implement preventative, detective, and corrective measures and controls for quality assurance.
- Ensure timely and quality completion of work product delivered from the Media Buying department’s staff to Hawke Media clients.
- Stay informed of relevant industry, paid media, and paid media platform trends and best practices.
- Identify new products, services, and revenue-generating offerings that will develop a long-term, sustainable competitive advantage for the Media Buying department relative to competitors in the agency marketplace.
- Act as a liaison between the Business Development and Media Buying departments to improve knowledge and understanding of products, services, and offerings with the intention of improving quality of leads and prospects sold into Media Buying department.
- Ensure that the Media Buying department culture and operational environment is one that is accountable, customer-centric, inclusive, intellectually honest, productive, responsive, and sensitive to the needs of all staff members.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Expert experience in Facebook, Instagram and Adwords advertising required.
- Proficiency in Pinterest, Linkedin, Twitter, Programmatic, Bing, YouTube, Yahoo preferred
- 5+ years of related work in media planning, buying, and analysis with budgets exceeding $500k annually.
- Experience with both direct response and brand performance marketing is preferred
- 2+ years of digital media team management.
- Experience managing a team of 10+ is preferred
- Expert proficiency in Google Analytics.
- Evaluating and reporting on digital media campaigns.
- Knowledge and application Multi-channel marketing software demonstrated in previous role.
- Proven track record of success in growing and scaling operations in previous role.
- Strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities in the face of ambiguity in previous role.
- Professional and respectful demeanor in dealing with internal and external business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate effectively across a team in previous role.
- Collaborate effectively in cross-team settings.
- Integrity and optimism, regardless of the situation.
- Previous experience in client-services.
- Resourcefulness: creatively using information, data, and available resources to proactively identify and solve problems to get the job done.
What Hawke offers:
- A ridiculously awesome work environment - equal parts laid-back startup and motivated meritocracy
- An executive team that has scaled startups in the past and has every intention of continuing to scale Hawke Media into a dominant player in the digital marketing agency space
- Tons of training opportunities, including weekly education, book clubs, online courses, paid live courses, and over 80 skilled marketers to learn from/with
- Great opportunities to grow your technical skills and grow into an leader in the creative space
- 401K, Healthcare, Vision, Dental and unlimited PTO (we value performance and reward accordingly!)
Our outsourced CMO value prop is taking the digital marketing world by storm. It’s why we’re one of Inc.’s fastest growing companies in the country. We’ve got no plans to slow down anytime soon, and we’re staffing up to support our scaling operations. At Hawke, we work hard, but we chill harder - we’re proud to be one of Glassdoor’s 50 best places to work in the country!