Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced Delivery Driver Purchasing Clerk with excellent customer service skills to work in our Downtown Los Angeles Headquarters. Under the general supervision of the Purchasing manager, the Delivery Driver Purchasing Clerk assures the timely processing, accounting and delivery of purchases to all agency locations.
Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Founded 52+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services in Los Angeles County. The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA) team works together to provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three or more (3) years receiving experience.
- Understanding of truck route scheduling and delivery process.
- Experience in inventory management and purchasing.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and insurable under PPLA Insurance Policies.
- Must provide a copy of DMV driving record clear of any infractions.
- Able to lift/move items weighing more than 50 lbs. using safe lifting techniques.
About the position:
- Responsible for delivering inventory orders to all PPLA locations (health centers & Headquarters) on a daily basis.
- Obtains Center Manager, or other designee’s, signatures upon delivery of new inventory.
- Responsible for removing all expired medication (stock) and returning it to Headquarters on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for keeping PPLA vehicle in proper working condition including maintenance and weekly washes.
- Must perform daily pre-trip inspection of company vehicle and submit report to the Purchasing Manager.
- Serves as back-up to the Supply Chain Clerk and Buyer.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
Generous salary and benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
- Short Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident policies
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 3% employer match
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
- Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Los Angeles County Ordinance No. 184852.