Who we are
Albert is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Our geniuses find savings you’re missing, identify bills you’re overpaying, help you pay down debt faster, save automatically for you, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and we’ll not only offer guidance; we’ll help you make it happen.
We’re an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top tier institutional investors, and over 2 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to improve the financial lives of millions of people with a simple, beautifully designed product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
About the role
The Data Engineer has an important role at Albert. This individual will put in place infrastructure and practices that will free data to answer important business questions more effectively. This role will work closely with business intelligence and machine learning roles. The right candidate will:
· Build data pipelines to deliver data products and access to stakeholders
· Leverage infrastructure tools to transform and package data for retention and analytics needs
· Utilize big data tools to index datasets with low latency querying
· Inform deployment strategies for machine learning models and other data intensive applications
· Manage databases with an eye toward performance and availability
· Manipulate and query large datasets efficiently
· Write and maintain an efficient and scalable codebase
Things you're good at
Shipping: Delivering great products that you're proud of on a regular basis.
Architecture: Getting it done is important. Getting it done in a way that sets us up for the scope of our ambitions is equally important.
Diving in: Taking ownership of the data stack.
Collaboration: We bring the best out of each other. We're looking for people who will bring the best out of all of us.
- 3-5 years of writing production back-end software
- Previous role as data engineer or similar
- Familiarity with Python; Celery+Django a plus
- BS, MS and/or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university; graduate degree a plus
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Free lunch