Creative Game Designer
Who is Artie…
Artie is a remote-only startup that is defining the future of digital culture and community through gaming and entertainment. We attract the best talent from all industries to create a super-powered team and healthy work culture powered by our values. We have tripled in the last year, and we’re looking to keep adding exceptional talent to our team!
This position works hand in hand with Art & Product to drive the creative direction on new features using tools such as mood boards, mockups, concept sketches, or general expectations on the final look and feel of designs. You will also work closely on the definition of new game pitches and help the design and product team “find the fun” for future games within the Artie portfolio. This position sits in our Product area and reports up to the Product Design Director.
Who you are…
We are looking for someone that loves looking at systems for products and putting creative wrappers on them! You know how to think up fun events for players and implement processes to roll them out. Creative vision is a must!
What you’ll be doing…
- Work with the Lead Designer to put creative wrappers on system designs
- Document and develop ongoing live-ops features
- Creative concepts for seasonal content
- Strong knowledge of general F2P mobile gaming market best practices
- Collaborate with Art to deliver concepts for game features
- Full ownership of design documentation from ideation to mockups to final feature review
- Create new features for ongoing game maintenance
What is required of you...
- 3+ years of game industry design experience or shipped titles in F2P mobile gaming
- Experience with owning product features from ideation to final features
- Experience with mockup tools/software
- Passion for mobile gaming in various genres
- Strong written communication skills for design documentation
- Demonstrated ability to design for a live service game
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Confluence, and JIRA
- Ability to break down current market examples from other titles
- Able to deliver multiple creative concepts per feature
Extras we would love to see…
Previous experience working within a game pitch/prototyping process.
Benefits you'll receive...
Fully remote from any state within the United States
Unlimited paid time off
9 Company Holidays, including a 2 week Winter Break
Generous salary and equity package
Health, dental, and vision insurance
$2,000 Learning/development budget
Artie Inc.’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.