Community Health Ambassador (Part-Time)
AMDA College of the Performing Arts, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as two-year conservatory programs.
We are currently seeking a Community Health Ambassador for our Los Angeles campus.
AMDA’s Community Health Ambassador will work in conjunction with AMDA’s COVID Response team to reinforce health and safety protocols, assist with campus contact tracing and health monitoring efforts, and promote healthy behaviors and practices amongst members of the community.
The Community Health Ambassador’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Safely engage with community members on topics such as mask-wearing, physical distancing, proper cough/hand hygiene.
- Assist with campus Contact Tracing efforts
- SAFER Symptom survey management
- Support AMDA’s COVID-19 response team
- Assist with COVID-19 Surveillance Testing registration and workflow management
- Assist AMDA Staff with completing tasks in preparation for campus reopening
- Assist AMDA Staff with on-campus support services for isolated or quarantined residential students
- Assist AMDA Staff with organizing and monitoring student room reservation requests
- Promote a welcoming atmosphere and quality customer service
- Maintain professionalism and uphold confidentiality of private health information
- Maintain accurate and detailed record keeping
- Complete Contact Tracing and COVID-related safety training
- Assist with Health & Safety operational coverage as determined by supervisor
- Maintain communication with supervisor and partnering departments
- Associates Degree
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with a diverse population.
- Ability to handle multifaceted tasks
Great attention to detail
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA will have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at LAHumanResources@amda.edu
Diversity and Qualifications:
- AMDA is fully committed to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout the teaching and learning process. We encourage applications from individuals who have extensive experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Successful candidates will have a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of our students, including disabilities that may affect students' development and learning styles.
- Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V