Cloud Kitchen Cook / Fryer Cook - Los Angeles (9)
Are you Craving a Career? Ready for Growth?
COME SEE WHY PANDA MIGHT BE THE RIGHT PLACE!
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.“ We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Our continued growth in this location has created new career opportunities for Management, Crew Members, and Kitchen Team Members!!! Come join us!
Summary of Job Expectations:
- Preparation of all stir-fry dishes, especially those requiring advanced skill, according to company recipes, guest orders and relevant health regulations.
- Cook ingredients for all menu items as assembled by the Apportioner
- Respond promptly to Apportioner, correctly identifying the dish to be cooked from the ingredients assembled, and preparing it promptly
- Adjust seasoning, cooking procedures and times as needed to meet Company standards for color, flavor and aroma
- Execute Company recipes and procedures for all dishes
- Mix sauces and marinates according to Company recipes and procedures; ensure an adequate supply of these at all times
- Follow local health department regulations in food handling, preparation & storage
- Operate all kitchen equipment (range, BBQ, oven, deep fryer, knives, etc.) in a safe manner
- Assist management to develop menu specials, by suggesting, testing and refining effective recipes
- Assist the management team in training the hourly staff and ensure a smooth back of the house operations
- Assist others in preparing ingredients and cooking dishes to ensure adequate supplies
- Assist Kitchen Manager or Assistant Kitchen Manager to count and control inventory
- Assist the manager to receive all delivered good, check samples for freshness/quality, check delivery against order
We offer all Full-Time Associates:
- Progressive Compensation Package and Bonus Opportunity
- Paid Training to prepare you for success
- On-Going Career & Leadership Development
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401 K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Associate Discounts and free meals when you work
- Opportunities for growth into Management positions
- Lift 20 lbs with one hand, stand without sitting for up to 5 hours, reach at least 36“ horizontally or vertically
- Handle small and medium size woks for up to 4 hours continuously
- Perform repetitious cutting/slicing motions at high speed and in a safe manner using a Chinese cook's knife
- Practice good personal hygiene at all times
- Follow instructions and procedures without deviation through many repetitions and without constant supervision
- Work under pressure at peak periods
- Attention to details of food quality, preparation & presentation
ADA Statement:Kitchen work space is restricted & without seating while on duty. It is usually hot and noisy. Floors are often wet & slippery. Storage is limited & often shelving is high up. At peak periods, kitchen associates are under pressure to prepare food quickly enough to keep up with customer demand. Kitchen associates need to fetch ingredient from the cooler at 40oF and from the freezer at 0 oF, as well as lifting containers from high shelves using ladders.
Equipment Used: wok & range, deep fryer, grill, BBQ oven, steamer, food processor, meat slicer, steel food pans & serving utensils, food preparation equipment, cleaning products & equipment.
Protective Clothing Recommended: Close-toed, rubber-soled shoes, hair restraint e.g. cook's hat, rubber gloves for cleaning tasks, lifting belt, disposable “sleeves“ to guard against grease splashes.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.