Assistant Technical Designer
Position: Assistant Technical Designer (Logo) - 301
Reports to: Sr. Technical Designer
Direct Reports: No
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location: 3880 N Mission Los Angeles, CA 90031
With new owners and strong leadership, Forever 21 is evolving into what can only be described as a well known retail turnaround! Now owned by SPARC Simon Property Group and Authentic Brands Group and led by CEO Daniel Kulle, 2020 was a year of reconstructing the foundation of this popular fashion brand to deliver amazing products that our customers expect to be trendy, relevant and value to them.
We're implementing new strategic priorities across the company, determined to make Forever 21 a place where top technologists, creatives, and merchandizers will come to make their mark on the future of fast fashion retail with an enhanced commitment to sustainability and community engagement.
We welcome anyone to apply who has big ideas and is willing to roll up their sleeves to make those ideas a reality. There are no “ivory tower“ roles at Forever 21. From the C-Suite to the Brand Associates, we're making our transformation happen together. If youre obsessed to serve our customer, if you elevate any team you work on, and if you are passionate about fashion, we want to hear from you!
Job Purpose: The Assistant Technical Designer will provide general support to the Technical Design team by performing routine fitting support tasks to help facilitate fitting sessions and processes.
- Prepare for fittings by gathering top-of-production samples from storage, laying them out in an organized fashion, and measuring garment specs for designer use
- Take diligent and accurate notes during the fit process for designer reference
- Coordinate fit meetings with modeling agencies and buyers at the direction of the Manager
- Transport samples to and from vendors
- Assist in creating digital fit comment files for each garment sample
- Perform clerical duties such as faxing and filing
- Research of current fashion/logo trends and determining what the consumer will like
- Maintaining line sheets up to date
- Creating tech packs to send to development team
- Collaborating with design team to develop ideas for new products and collections