Named “The Fastest Growing Retailer in the US“, Dolls Kill is a fashion brand that boldly empowers young people to celebrate their individuality. With over two million followers on Instagram, we've become a cult favorite among DJs, celebrities and artists around the world.
Based in San Francisco, we have an amazing team of retail leaders, scrappy hackers, creative marketers and fashion trendsetters who are fun to work with and serious about what they do. We're also backed strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world's next great consumer brands. Look for our latest press mentions in Business Insider, Racked, TeenVogue, PopSugar, Elle, and more.
About the Role
We are looking for an Assistant Manager for our Los Angeles store location. They will be responsible for learning and maintaining the standards and expectations of excellence regarding Customer Service, merchandising and visual presentation, Employee development, operational compliance, inventory control, and protection of assets. This developmental role requires strong interpersonal and communications skills, and the ability to exercise creative and resourceful independent judgment and decision-making to ensure the Store operates in the best interest of the Company while maximizing potential. The Assistant Manager reports directly to the Store Manager and serves as a leader to the Store’s Staff.
- Hold employees accountable for meeting productivity expectations.
- Understand and communicate daily, weekly, monthly and annual sales targets and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) goals to employees.
- Delegate responsibilities and tasks
- Reinforce the expectation of superior Customer Service as the top priority for all Employees.
- Ensure that all Customer issues are addressed
- Communicate Company directives, policies, and guidelines in a clear, positive, and effective manner
- Ensure that the Store is maximizing sales and productivity
- Communicate merchandise assortment opportunities to the Store Manager.
- Provide feedback to the Store Manager regarding merchandising needs of the Store based on sales trends.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, knowledge, and understanding of the Dolls Kill brand image and products.
- Direct Employees through Sales Floor presentation, displays, and effectively interpreting the Dolls Kill brand image.
- Train Employees on proper merchandise presentation, standards, and visual responsibilities to ensure an impactful visual presentation to Customers.
- Oversee the timely execution of all inventory operations and initiatives.
- Ensure an accurate inventory in the Store.
- Communicate inventory assortment and quantity opportunities with the Store Manager.
- Maximize sales by ensuring that merchandise is fully stocked and represented on the Sales Floor.
- Direct Employees through inventory operations and procedures.
- Train Employees on proper inventory procedures, standards, and responsibilities to ensure the Store is operating accurately and efficiently.
- Participate in interviews and on-boarding New Hires.
- Oversee Sales Floor training for New Hires.
- Provide direction and guidance to Employees to identify and address opportunities.
- Assist with the Store’s planning and identifying, recognizing, and developing committed Employees.
- Participate in the Employee Evaluation process.
- Work with Employees to develop the abilities to perform additional responsibilities
- Foster an environment that recognizes and rewards commitment and excellence within the Store.
Merchandising and Visuals
Hiring and Employee Development
- 1+ years of experience in a retail setting
- Open availability
- Able to work up to 40 hours per week
- The ability to work during “Blackout“ dates
- Strong written and verbal communication and leadership skills
- Experience with Retail Systems and a firm understanding of Retail Math and KPIs
- The ability to engage and motivate teams, and to work collaboratively with colleagues
- The ability to manage multiple operational business functions