Analyst - Hub Financial Service
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run “Business Resource Group“ communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we fly into airports around the entire world. And we need a whole team of people to keep things running in tip-top shape! From the exceptional service at the check-in counter to the departure gate, and even behind the scenes making sure your checked bags arrive with you, our Airport Operations team keeps operations at our airports running smoothly every single day.
Primary responsibilities are to account and analyze station financial performance including month end close and variance explanations for division roll-up, ensure proper financial controls, and administer invoice and procurement processes, receivables processes, cash management processes and many other station-specific procedures. Provides planning and administrative services to internal customers, including Hub Leadership Team and front-line employees.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget for LAX Airport Operations
- Prepare monthly financial reporting and forecasting for division roll-up
- Prepare monthly Hub Pack reports for LAX AO department heads and assist in variance analysis
- Conduct monthly review of zero-based accounts and posting of journal entries
- Conduct monthly balance sheet reconciliation and accrual analysis
- Prepare analysis of expenditures for CSC and LAX AO department heads
- Perform finance administration tasks, including accounts payable/receivable processing
- Assist in special projects as deemed necessary
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Financial accounting experience
- Financial or operating expense statement variance analysis experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage frontline co-workers
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Minumum of two years of Airport Operations experience
- Experience with Anaplan and Blackline
- Understanding of invoice, receivables and cash management processes
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.