Toyota Research Institute - Advanced Development, Inc. is a software company that aims to provide seamless development from research to mass-production development. To deliver safe and caring mobility services as a mobility company to our customers, we want to make the best software systems in the world.
As a Staff UX Researcher at TRI-AD, you know the ins and outs of a proper user-centered design process. You’re a researcher who strives to see products launched to happy users. You will manage a team of UX researchers whom you will need to help recruit. You and your team are at the heart of the design process, responsible for ensuring we have safe, data-driven designs carried through to production.
Who are we looking for?
You’re a person who leads by example, ready to design and perform any usability study, both qualitative or quantitative, to validate assumptions. You’ve had plenty of experience working with designers (Product/Interaction/UI) and know how to design usability studies to get them fast recommendations.
This is a fast-paced production environment with the best of the best around you as peers. You have a high level of initiative and once started on a project you can run with it on your own accord.
- Design and perform both qualitative and quantitative usability studies.
- Collate results from studies into professional reports with actionable recommendations in a timely fashion.
- Work directly with the VP of User Experience to define research budget, strategy and road map.
- Work closely with other UXRs, Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to determine UXRs responsibilities and associated timelines.
- Educate with a great attitude the ways of good UXR process to those around you who are not familiar with it.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field or have the equivalent practical experience.
- Five years production experience working as a UX Researcher, creating and running usability studies.
- Two years managing a team of four or more people.
- A positive can-do attitude and a very good sense of humor.
Preferred Qualifications / Attributes
- PhD degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field or have the equivalent practical experience.
- Seven years production experience working as a UX Researcher, creating and running usability studies.
- Four years managing a team of four or more people.
- Experience with HEART and HaTS usability testing frameworks.
- Japanese language skills in speaking
- Salary - Depends on skills and experience
- Work Hours - Flextime with NO core-time
- Paid Holiday (Vacation) - 14 days (Prorated)
- Sick Leave - 6 days (prorated)
- Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holiday, and other days defined by the company
- Probationary Period - 3 months with NO benefit Restriction
- Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers' Comp and Unemployment Insurance
- Benefit Package - Very good package with lots of selections provided
If you are currently located at outside of Japan, don't worry, we'll set an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: