The Senior Ranger assists with the operation and maintenance of the park and facilities and may assume charge of park operations in the absence of Park Management. Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Major Duties/Specific Tasks
- Provides information to the public and/or special interest groups pertaining to the park and park facilities.
- Informs visitors of park rules and regulations.
- Patrols park in NOVA Parks vehicles or on foot to ensure safety and security of park visitors and NOVA Parks grounds, buildings and equipment.
- Reports accidents, vandalism, and theft.
- May assist with routine maintenance/repair of equipment.
- Assists with public relations by handling visitor inquiries and providing information and assistance.
- May supervise other part-time staff members.
- Assists with handling of all monies.
- Ensures cleanliness of toilet facilities and other buildings.
- Maintains grounds by removing trash and mowing/trimming grass.
- Performs attendant duties at all locations as needed.
- Reports unsafe conditions to Park Management.
- Carries out additional duties as assigned by Park Management.
- Minimum age of 18 years.
- Possession of or ability to obtain valid driver’s license, must maintain safe driving record.
- Possession or ability to obtain a Certification in CPR/First Aid.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with the public.
- Ability to operate cash registers and handle cash accurately.
- Ability to learn the operation of the facility and to obtain a working knowledge of NOVA Parks.
- Flexibility and ability to perform all duties of other part-time employees as needed.
- Ability to gain a working knowledge of NOVA Parks, its history, organization, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and complete tasks at hand.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Strength and dexterity necessary to perform all required tasks, including lifting, stooping, bending, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor in a variety of weather conditions.
- Availability to work a variable work schedule, which may include early and late hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to understand, follow, and give oral instructions.
- Required to purchase and wear standard uniform.