At Toyota Research Institute Advanced Development (TRI-AD), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to become a world-class software and technology company and build the safest car in the world. Start your impossible with us!
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As a Senior Engineer ML Ops on the Machine Learning (ML) Tools team, you will work alongside research scientists and engineers in not only within TRI-AD but throughout the Toyota Group and its vendors. You will be responsible for building an ML DevOps CI/CD environment that enables rapid iteration of deep learning on sensory data (including video, LIDAR, radar) at a Petabyte scale collected from cars, both simulated and real. The ML DevOps environment should continuously integrate new ML features and feed labeled data to improve ML models. You will engage our data labeling team to design and deploy large-scale distributed infrastructure for rapid experimentation, training, and inference. You are passionate about applying cutting-edge machine learning to real-world problems in autonomous driving and about building the required frameworks and tools to do so.
- Build and continuously improve large scale iterative labeling, experimentation, training, and deployment pipelines for modern deep learning on camera, LIDAR, radar, and other sensory data.
- Collaborate with other engineers and scientists to develop high-performance frameworks and tools for deploying and managing services spanning the whole gamut of cloud services from object storage to GPU-accelerated workloads.
- Communicate, estimate and design new features to meet the needs of customers inside and outside TRI-AD.
- Collaborate with data labeling teams to continuously improve ML models.
- Collaborate with data platform teams to continuously sample data for ML.
- Live and breathe the software engineering best practices for maintainable code, automated testing, continuous integration, code style, and code review.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+yrs of industrial experience
- Strong communication skills. Team player. Good Listener.
- Strong customer focus, with a “Can-Do” attitude.
- Strong Python skills.
- Experience working with DevOps frameworks like Kubeflow.
- Experience with performance optimization for ML model deployment.
- Experience with front-end and back-end engineering.
- Experience integrating with Cloud service, especially AWS.
- Strong ability to write unit-testable code.
- Experience with C++ is a plus.
- Experience integrating with CI tools programmatically, especially Jenkins or GitLab.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, registries and container deployment services.
- Experience with SCM tools and processes: Git, Continuous Integration, Code Reviews.
- Experience working with Machine Learning, especially Computer Vision, Deep Learning, especially perception, optimization of network architectures and hyper-parameters, domain adaptation
- Experience with software development leveraging ML frameworks like PyTorch (preferred), MXNet, or Tensorflow.
- Contributions to open-source projects that are related to machine learning or computer vision.
- Experience in publishing papers in the field of machine learning or computer vision.
If you are currently located at outside of Japan, don't worry, we'll set an interview over Google Hangout Meets or Skype.
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: