The Restaurant Staff is responsible for the operation and cleanliness of Brickmakers Café. Work is performed under the general direction of the Restaurant Supervisor and Catering Chef, with some latitude for independent judgment. Due to the selling of alcohol, applicants must be at least 21 years of age or older.
Pay Rate: $13.21 per hour
Major Duties/Specific Tasks
- Cook and prepare a variety of different café menu offerings to include burgers, grilled sausages, BBQ sandwiches and entrée options to order.
- Prepare salads and cold sandwich offerings to order and as a limited grab-and-go menu.
- Greet customers and operate a POS system with efficient cash handling.
- Ability to pour and serve draught and bottles beer and glasses of wine.
- Assist in maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of the café seating and serving area, as well as the kitchen area through a combination of daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
- Accept truck deliveries and stock food, paper, and chemicals storage areas in accordance to proper food sanitation and proper food rotation techniques.
- Assist with the cleaning and stocking of restroom facilities.
- Prepare and restock food, paper, and chemical items based on established par levels and proper labeling techniques.
- Empty café, kitchen and patio trash cans.
- Bus café and patio seating tables and bus stations.
- Wash dishes through a combination of ware washing machine use and correct use of manual 3 compartment sinks.
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer and cash safe.
- Prepare accurate daily deposits and deposit reports.
- Inventory food, paper and chemical products.
- Carries out additional duties as assigned by Management Staff.
- Must be age 21 or over.
- Ability to cook a standard café and weekly brunch menu.
- Working knowledge of and experience in the operation of food service facilities, to include knowledge of commercial cooking equipment.
- Working knowledge of current sanitation standards and ability to adhere to these standards.
- Strength and dexterity necessary to perform all required tasks, including ability to lift 50lbs, stooping, and bending.
- Exhibit good cash handling skills.
- Working knowledge of computers, including the ability to operate a point of sale cash register, handle nightly deposits and prepare documentation as needed.
- Exhibit good communication and customer service skills.
- Availability to work a variable work schedule, which may include early and late hours, and weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of or willingness to be cross-trained in catering operation.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties including custodial and cleaning tasks.
- Possession of or ability to obtain and maintain a driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Possession of or ability to obtain necessary licenses or certifications, including but not limited to ServSafe and TIPs Alcohol certifications.