Developing software for autonomy, mobility, user experience and the connectivity of vehicles and physical infrastructure today is hard and mostly gated.
Can we give developers, automotive companies and mobility innovators better tools to work with?
Can we create a better software ecosystem that enables daily software deployments, excites developers that were not excited before to write software for automotive and mobility?
Can we do all that while maintaining the highest standards of safety and software quality?
These are the questions that the Software Platform Product team must answer through innovative solutions in Data, Simulation, Developer Tools, Cloud, and Vehicle Middleware.
- Constantly find ways to disrupt the current market through solid understanding of the industry and trying what has not been tried before in automotive.
- Identify possible customers for your product and develop a product vision and a business plan.
- Work with multiple teams across the organization to turn a high level vision and into actionable requirements.
- Engage with vendors to make build-vs-buy decisions.
- Convey your vision of the next product increment by working together closely with a Scrum team and having rich face to face communication every day.
- Create product requirement documentation, developer materials and work with teams to automate product releases.
- Create and continuously refine a product road map focused on providing continuous value to end users of our products.
- Maximize the RoI of your product by regularly inspecting it and collecting feedback from your end users. Adapt your road map and backlog if correction is needed.
- Continuously maintain a backlog focused on maximizing RoI and work with a Scrum team to refine it . Ensure that your team can constantly deploy new features in small frequent batches and creates value after each sprint.
- Engage in depth with Open Source communities (e.g., Autoware, Linux Foundation), start-up companies in the mobility space, to gain product adoption in production: from developer workstations to vehicles manufactured at scale.
- Engage with other Toyota companies to gain adoption: Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC Japan), Toyota Motor North America (TMNA), Toyota Connected (TC).
- Work closely with Toyota Research Institute (TRI) to collaborate through product specification and code sharing.
- Occasionally travel internationally to achieve product adoption goals.
- We are looking for someone who has successfully shipped tools and SDKs for developers in the past. Please do not apply if you don’t have that experience.
- Experience shipping SDKs and developer tools in one of these or similar areas :
- SDKs for mobile development
- SDKs for gaming consoles or device programming
- SDKs for robots
- Experience in building products in one or more of the following areas:
- Data Processing Pipelines, Machine Learning, Data Labeling
- Simulation and Large Scale Testing
- Automotive Embedded Software
- DevOps tools and Cloud Infrastructure as Code
- Developer SDKs and App Stores
- Customer/Developer Obsession: proven track record of ability to get into customer/developers’ heads working with them, and delighting them.
- Experience in Lean Product Development and continuous value creation and understanding when it’s too early and when too late to release features.
- At least a basic understanding of the Scrum framework and responsibilities of the role of Product Owner. Agile mindset.
- Ability to communicate value to stakeholders through economic, market and business metrics is a plus.
- Ability to communicate a product vision to developers through a backlog of enabling specifications.
- Proven record of shipping products that have gone through the full software lifecycle: create, deploy, maintain, grow.
- Experience in nurturing relationships with customers and growing developer communities via blogs, Open Source initiatives, conferences, integrations etc. is a plus.
If you are currently located at outside of Japan, don't worry, we'll set an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: