Toyota Research Institute - Advanced Development (TRI-AD) was established in March 2018 as a $2.8 billion joint venture between Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC), Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. (Aisin), and Denso Corporation (Denso) to develop fully-integrated, production-quality software and automated driving technology. TRI-AD is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and aims to create a smooth software pipeline from research-to-commercialization, and strengthen the collaboration within the Toyota Group in the domains of research and advanced development.
The core mission of TRI-AD is to become a world-class software and technology company and to build the safest car in the world. Attracting top talent internationally, TRI-AD has adopted English as its official language in order to facilitate collaboration and partnerships globally.
Software Platform (SWP) consists of 10+ (and growing!) development teams consisting of around 80+ developers. Our mission is to open vehicle programming to everyone by simplifying vehicle software development and increasing deployment frequency without compromising safety and security.
To develop the best products, we need to be:
・Aware of our cost structure to build products which are competitive in the market
・Operationally excellent to ensure that we minimize waste across teams
・Administratively agile to react to urgent and growing needs of the teams
・Using establish KPIs to drive decisions on investments
・Partnering closely with our corp departments (F&A, TAGA, HR) to support growing needs of the teams
・Regulatory and compliance savvy to ensure all our products and services pass local regulatory requirements
・Developing our most important asset - people
We are looking for an experienced business manager will is excited to own the financial and administrative functions for Software Platform and to enable developers to build the best in class product suite.
- Identify and eliminate administrative overhead
- Development and maintenance of core management reporting, dashboards and Key Risk Indicators
- Overall Financial Management including budget/forecast development, cost tracking and profitability analysis
- Proactively support new business development
- Develop work processes, standards and guidelines
- Creating operations strategy and policies to employees
- Establish employee development programs and fostering employee culture aligned with corporate goals
- Working closely with other Corporate Partners (HR, Finance, Legal, Compliance/Audit, Procurement) and external vendors to help achieve business goals
- Hands-on experience with Finance functions of budgeting, forecasting and performance variance (we will only consider applicants with Finance experience)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team-player with excellent communication skills
- Able to work in a dynamic & fast-paced environment
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Willingness to study and learn new skills
- Experience in IT or Software development will be a plus
If you are currently located at outside of Japan, don't worry, we'll set an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: