Wish’s Mission is to make affordable products accessible to everyone. In order to fulfill that promise to consumers across the world we use sophisticated machine learning algorithms to match consumer demand with supply from the hundreds of thousands of merchants on our platform. By employing ship directly to consumer model we are able to offer goods at a massive discount compared to what traditional retailers typically charge.
We’re looking for a local market research analyst to help us understand local consumer trends, ecommerce apps, and buying behavior. The role will require the analyst to wear multiple hats, as the goal of the research project is to create a comprehensive end to end understanding of how the ecommerce marketplace cycle works from both from the supply side as well as the consumer side. These cross functional insights will be used to identify gaps in our marketplace relative to local players as well as find opportunities for Wish to better fulfill the needs of our customers in Japanese market. This position will be on a contract/consulting basis with an expected term of 3-6 months.
For Internal Use Only:
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive sophisticated research and analysis on the local e-Commerce app economy to make product recommendations to new initiatives product team as well as marketplace teams
- Synthesize information across various platforms to help Wish uncover gaps in product (i.e. payment methods), logistics and type of goods sold
- Develop a sophisticated understanding of local retail trends and promotions across offline and ecommerce to help optimize local marketing and incentive efforts
- Provide qualitative insights regarding local consumer trends, retail initiatives,
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3-4 years work experience preferably with a background from a leading consumer tech firm, market research firm, or management consulting firm.
- Self starter who is comfortable working independently and in highly unstructured environments
- Highly competitive, smart, detail-oriented, relentlessly resourceful
- Native Fluency in Japanese language
- English proficiency is required
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.