Making high-quality level automated driving system is challenging and it is not yet established by any other automotive companies. Preparing well designed software architecture, development process, development environment and checking methodology is significantly important to achieve this goal.
Our team has two important missions: software architecture design & process improvement (kaizen). In the software architecture design, we need to derive a software architecture design to achieve a high-level safety assurance while considering emerging technologies, such as AI and Machine Learning. The process improvement has two goals. One goal is making development process that each developer can autonomously follow. The other is goal is continuously improving sustainable audit process. These processes have two sides, one is strict and the other is user friendly. To achieve this characteristic, communication with each developer is very important.In addition, the whole software development process must be shortened to enable short cycle software update by OTA.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for excellent candidates for full-time senior engineer involved in the safety software architecture design and the software quality management of our automated driving system. This position will work with other teams working on functional application design, high-layer system design, project management, software implementation, and testing.
We are looking for an engineer who
・Has Capability of adjustment with other organization based on benefit on each side
・Can make good relationship with team-members/stakeholders
・Can Negotiate with other divisions
・Has deep knowledge and experience on system/software quality management and have excellent communication skills
- Analyze and identify the safety requirements of automated driving software by considering existing standards, e.g., ISO26262.
- Apply state-of-the-art techniques to realize the high-level assurance of an AI-based software system.
- Design a safety software architecture of the automated driving software.
- Perform the safety analysis of the designed architecture and optimize the design based on the analysis results.
- Supporting each team to achieve ISO26262 compliance of products during the development.
- Make Functional Safety compliance standard process
- Improve actual development process to fulfill ISO26262 based on the defined process above
- Audit product deliverable to check Functional Safety compliance
- Collaborate with project managers and development team on Functional Safety.
- Deep knowledge and experience with ISO26262.
- Knowledge of Functional Safety standard, with specific on-the-job experience for mass production (prefer if holds Safety certification).
- Proficiency of software architecture design, e.g., 3+ years of hands-on experience of the development of embedded software.
- More than 3 years of experience in analyzing and improvement of software quality management
- More than 3 years of experience in embedded software development with C or C++.
- Skills on negotiation and communication and have leadership.
- Written and verbal communication skills in English ‘and’ Japanese.
- Knowledge of FMEA/FTA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis/Fault Tree Analysis).
- Knowledge of automotive industry standard, regulations.
- Knowledge of software development process (Automotive SPICE, CMMI, etc)
- Experience in ticket driven project management tools (JIRA, etc)
- Experience in code repository (GitHub, etc)
- Experience in CI environment (AWS/Jenkins).
- Hands on experience with ADAS (Advanced driver-assistance systems).
- Experience in leading of software management.
- Skills on team management of agile/scrum development.
- Knowledge of software standards for other architecture attributes, e.g., SOTIF (ISO21448), Cyber Security (SAE J3061), etc. is preferable, but not mandatory.
- Salary - Depends on skills and experience. Reviewed once a year
- Bonus - July and December
- Work Hours - Flextime with NO core-time or Exempt (裁量労働) will be applicable
- Paid Holiday (Vacation) - 14 days given on the first Jan 1. Prorated days will be available right after employment
- Sick Leave - 6 days (prorated)
- Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holiday, and other days defined by the company
- Probationary Period - 3 months with NO benefit Restriction
- Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers' Comp and Unemployment Insurance
- Benefit Package - Very good package with lots of selections provided
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: