Toyota Research Institute - Advanced Development, Inc. is a software company that aims to provide seamless development from research to mass-production development. To deliver safe and caring mobility services as a mobility company to our customers, we want to make the best software systems in the world.
As an Experienced 3D Content Creator at TRI-AD, you know the end to end processes of interactive experience development. You will be working on simulating the next generation of user experiences for Toyota and Lexus vehicles. This role takes the skills found in game development to the next-level. Our efforts are aimed at improving the future of driving and you will be at the forefront of it all. An Experienced 3D Content Creator at TRI-AD works with software, data and hardware to create a complete simulation experience.
Who are we looking for?
You’re more than adept at creating a wide range of interactive content including several of the following: 3D models, materials, lighting, animation, rigging and effects. You love creating interactive scenarios that are realistic and optimized for high frame-rates and low latency. You’re a team player and have plenty of experience working with other developers including Engineers and Designers.
This is a fast-paced production environment with the best of the best as your peers. You have a high level of initiative and are independently driven: once started on a project you run with it on your own accord. Ultimately, you strive to take your work from inception to launch.
- Create cutting-edge responsive simulation for in-car user interactions.
- Work directly with the Head of User Experience Simulation to define simulation strategy.
- Work directly with Technical Artists, Designers, Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers to determine simulation responsibilities and associated timelines.
- Educate those around you to the ways of good simulation content creation process with a great attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, Human Computer Interaction, or a design related field or have the equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 (five) years production experience working as a Senior Technical Artist, Technical Art Director, CG Supervisor or Technical Animation Director creating AAA video game content or similar interactive experiences.
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Photoshop and Unity
- An amazing portfolio
- A positive can-do attitude and a very good sense of humor
Preferred Qualifications / Attributes
- Scripting expertise in Maya (MEL) Unity (C#) and Python
- PBR Workflows with Substance Painter and Designer
- Expertise with rendering optimizations for run-time performance
- Expertise with procedural 3D content
- Salary - Depends on skills and experience
- Work Hours - Flextime with NO core-time
- Paid Holiday (Vacation) - 14 days (Prorated)
- Sick Leave - 6 days (prorated)
- Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holiday, and other days defined by the company
- Probationary Period - 3 months with NO benefit Restriction
- Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers' Comp and Unemployment Insurance
- Benefit Package - Very good package with lots of selections provided
Please attach link to your portfolio. If you are currently located at outside of Japan, don't worry, we'll set an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: