Traffic Jam Chauffeur L3 is one of the most exciting projects in TRI-AD. This team is developing the level 3 automated driving system and software for the circumstances of traffic conjunction. Because of the origin of the team - all the members are from different teams - this team has strong competency to do everything by the members themselves. The responsibility includes development of perception algorithm, path planning algorithm, simulation tools, CI pipeline, deployment & testing of the software, and real vehicle evaluation. That means you can be a part of fully in-house development team and even expand your expert area in this challenging organization. If you like a real challenge, even though you know how challenging the level 3 autonomy is, this is the team you apply for.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As the L3-ADS development engineer, you are a motivated, self-driven and open-minded engineer who has passion to develop and deploy new system to the world. You are great team worker and communicator - you have good skill to build a collaborative relationship with internal/external stakeholders.
- Design architecture of Level 3 Subsystem.
- Develop and implement software of perception and path planning
- Develop test codes
- Deploy software to real vehicle
- Evaluate the vehicle and feedback to the algorithm design
- Launch and maintain environment of CI/CD pipelines and simulation platforms
- Walk through with Toyota HQ, infrastructure team, simulation platform team, and etc.
- Masters or higher degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of experience (research/product development) in ADAS/Automated Driving system, OR experience in motion control (automotive or robotics)
- Fluent in C/C++
- Japanese Driver's License
- Business level English
- Knowledge of embedded software implementation
- Experience in agile development
- Experience in machine learning algorithm
- Driving a car on a daily basis
- Salary - Depends on skills and experience
- Work Hours - Flextime with NO core-time
- Paid Holiday (Vacation) - 14 days (Prorated)
- Sick Leave - 6 days (prorated)
- Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holiday, and other days defined by the company
- Probationary Period - 3 months with NO benefit Restriction
- Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers' Comp and Unemployment Insurance
- Benefit Package - Very good package with lots of selections provided
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: