The Attendant is responsible for assisting with the operation and/or maintenance of a facility within a park.Pay Rate: $ 9.00 per hourMajor Duties/Specific Tasks
- Assists with operation of facility by registering users, collecting fees, operating cash registers, issuing fee receipt tickets, selling merchandise, maintaining stock of supplies by loading and/or unloading supplies, dispensing of equipment which may include lifting of heavy objects and providing instructions on use.
- Assists with public relations by greeting park visitors, handling inquiries, providing information and assistance, and informing patrons of rules and regulations.
- Assists with maintenance of facilities by maintaining work area by cleaning and providing general care of equipment, materials, and grounds, which may include the use of lawnmowers and string trimmers, cleaning restroom facilities, performing manual labor, and related duties as assigned.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings as scheduled.
- Reports unsafe conditions to Manager on Duty.
- Carries out additional duties as assigned by the Park Manager or Supervisor on Duty.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with the public.
- Ability to operate cash registers and handle cash accurately.
- Ability to learn the operation of the facility and to obtain a working knowledge of NOVA Parks.
- Strength and dexterity necessary to perform all required tasks, including lifting, stooping, bending, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties including custodial tasks.
- Availability to work a variable work schedule, which may include early and late hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Required to purchase and wear standard uniform.