Registered Nurse (RN)
Now hiring for Full Time Day Shift &Part Time Night Shift
About Sprenger Health Care Systems
Since 1959 Sprenger Health Care Systems continues to be family owned and operated. Sprenger offers the full continuum of aging services including: Short Term Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Hospice, and Home Health.
Our innovative care, excellent customer service, and compassionate dedicated employees have made Sprenger Health Care Systems a leader in providing exceptional health care. Sprenger Communities have a history of excellent Resident and Family Satisfaction Surveys, 5 Star Ratings, Deficiency Free Surveys, and US News and World Report Rankings.
Sprenger Health Care Systems is committed to maintaining a fair and unbiased work environment and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply to any of our 13 Communities throughout Ohio and Indiana. We understand that quality of care starts right here with our employees. For those team members who rise to the challenge and exceed the standard of care, the career possibilities can be endless. Join us today to experience the Sprenger difference!
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is organized, friendly, energetic and can effectively multi-task. Registered Nurses (RNs) should be able to accurately document and maintain confidentiality. RNs should be encouraging and friendly, while always respecting resident rights. This position must be dedicated to complying with all state, federal, nursing and OSHA regulations as well as all company policies and procedures. Candidates should be able to perform resident care and take appropriate action when they notice any changes in mental status, physical condition, speech, etc. that might affect the residents health or well-being. Candidates must be able to work with various departments and personalities. This position will report to facility Director of Nursing/Nurse Supervisor and by applying for the position you recognize that nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. You may be asked to help in other areas of the building as needed for the optimal performance of your building/department and the well-being of our residents.
Qualifications: Registered Nurse
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in a Grace Management Service facility you must be able to perform the following essential functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow established standards of nursing practices and implements facility policies and procedures.
- Interpret existing policies and procedures to nursing assistants, restorative personnel, residents, families and physicians.
- Supervise and evaluate all direct resident care and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Obtain report from nurse he/she is relieving and records sufficient information to implement appropriate follow-up action as necessary.
- Provide report to nurse coming on duty, including sufficient information for follow-up action if necessary. Conduct resident rounds daily, reporting problems to nursing supervisor and to initiate corrective action. Knowledgeably and competently perform basic nursing skills.
- Identify resident problems and emergency situations and initiates an immediate plan of action according to nursing home policies and procedures.
- Follow, supervise and evaluate the implementation of the Resident's Right Program.
- Follow admission procedures and communicates resident admissions to other departments, physicians and ancillary service providers.
- Provide clinical supervision of nursing assistants responsible for providing direct resident care.
- Notify responsible party and documents any changes in resident condition.
- Follow staffing guidelines and makes nursing assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the resident population.
- Receive medication delivery from pharmacy, checks and documents medications received.
- Complete report for facility committees as assigned.
- Administer and document comprehensive assessment of each resident.
- Perform and documents comprehensive assessment of each resident.
- Develop an accurate comprehensive care plan based on each resident's comprehensive assessment.
- Document resident care provided and resident's response or lack of response to care provided.
- Notify physician, when necessary, of changes in residents' conditions, weight, medication errors, medication not available, abnormal lab/x-ray results and any other unusual observations.
- Administer PRN medications and treatments as necessary.
- Document progress notes as assigned.
- Document on unstable, Medicare and newly admitted residents daily.
- Personally obtain continuing education relating to the long term care field of nursing.
- Supervise response to residents' calls for assistance.
- Supervise and participates in resident rounds at least every two hours or more often if needed.
- Follow facility discharge/transfer procedure and coordinates discharge/transfer with other departments, physicians and ancillary service providers.
- Answer all call-lights in a timely manner.
- Complete documentation relating to resident's discharge/transfer.
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at anytime.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals may be required to:
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to complete the job responsibilities
- Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are required
- Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds. Raising objects from lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
- Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.