Don't just live life….love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents! If you are a compassionate Nurse who has the heart for providing exceptional care and and you have the desire to create memorable experiences for our seniors, we want to talk to you!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Registered Charge Nurse at Village on the Green, a CCRC community located in Longwood, Florida. This position will support a 60 bed health center. We are currently seeking a full-time RN to work 11 pm - 7 am.
The Registered Charge Nurse is responsible for supervising nursing services and maintaining quality and adequacy of nursing practice. This role is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to customer service through resident focused initiatives that support the mission of the community and Lifespace Communities.
A few other details about the role:
- Direct nursing services to all residents on assigned neighborhood or program.
- Provides hands-on/ on-the-job training to newly hired team members. Provides skill-set retraining as assigned.
- Oversee physician orders, verify all orders received are transcribed accurately onto the electronic record system and treatment plan, administer medications and provide treatments according to orders.
- Supervise and provide leadership and discipline to clinical and non-clinical team members.
- Participate with members of the interdisciplinary team to review, plan, coordinate and evaluate resident's care.
- Document the resident's condition and nursing needs accurately and in a timely manner. Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding residents in a timely manner.
- Develop, direct and monitor nursing assistant assignments adjusting based on census and level of care required.
- According to standard operating procedures, ensure correct staffing levels. Escalate team member performance issues to supervisor, participate in counseling and disciplinary action to the extent permitted by the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Execute treatments as necessary while document status and observes reactions to medications and treatments.
- Generate, prepare, administrate and chart all medications.
- Initiate physician orders, verify all orders received are transcribed accurately in electronic records and treatment plan, administer medications and provide treatments according to orders.
- Facilitate communication with families regarding change in medications and/or changes in the resident.
- Establish protocol to ensure care plans are continually reviewed for updated and accurate data that represents the individuality of the resident.
- Coordinate admissions, discharges and transfers in order to deliver quality customer service.
- Plan resident admission as ordered by physician, perform assessment, verify orders with physician, and notify pharmacy, laboratory and other departments as necessary.
- Introduce an accurate and thorough report to the on-coming shift in order to ensure the continuity of maximum resident care.
- Direct team members in emergency situations and contact appropriate parties as needed.
- Orchestrate investigation, corrects and follows up on resident and family concerns as needed in a timely manner.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace , person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
And here's what you need to apply:
- Nursing diploma or Associate's degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- One year of nursing experience in a long term facility is preferred. Supervisory/leadership in a long term care facility preferred.
- Certifications and Registered Nurse license and other licensure required by state regulations.
• Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
- Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
- Solicits resident/family feedback to understand the needs of the resident and the community. Advocates for service excellence within the center and influences others to take action.
- Displays responsibility by taking ownership of quality care. Shows dedication to enriching the lives of our residents through empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits a commitment to personal excellence through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
- Exhibits a commitment to results by looking for and recommending or implementing process improvements.
- Shows respect and courtesy for fellow team mates by working together to get the job well done.
- Effectively addresses customer concerns and strives to reduce or resolve conflict.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's tenth largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $250 million and employs over 2,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
- Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, FL
- Beacon Hill - Lombard, IL
- Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, IA
- Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, PA
- Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, FL
- The Waterford - Juno Beach, FL
• Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, FL
- Claridge Court - Prairie Village, KS
- Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, MN
- Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, NE
- Oak Trace - Downers Grove, IL
- Village On The Green - Longwood, FL
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
To see other positions, click here.