Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: Patient Services Workers are responsible for a variety of specialized duties related to the receipt, interpretation, and follow-through of patient diet orders. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Delivers patient trays during meal service and delivers snacks or proper nourishment to patients as directed by a physician or a dietitian
- Informs patients of the services of the Food and Nutrition Services Department and may obtain food preferences from patients and/or family members
- Ensures accuracy of food items being delivered to the patient and informs patient of meal selection and any therapeutic diet information
- Inventories and restocks goods and supplies to proper levels
- Ensures prompt response to request for service and follows up if delays or other problems are identified
- Maintains the privacy, safety, and dignity of each customer by observing client confidentiality and by strictly adhering to safety and sanitation standards
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains a positive attitude towards clients, customers, co-workers, hospital staff, etc.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Experience in food service, as a dietary clerk ,or in a related field preferred
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Requires strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of up to 25 lbs, with occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling of up to 50 lbs.