Residential Project Manager - New York City
As part of the Commissioned Private Residences Group (CPR), the Project Manager (PM) is responsible for oversight of projects and personnel from the initial estimating phase through project closeout and post-construction support. This includes financial, schedule and quality management, as well as the oversight of the project team. PMs engage day-to-day with Owners, Architects, Engineers, Designers, Building Management, Subcontractors, and members of the broader Project Team.
- Overall Client relations and satisfaction.
- Reviews Bid Documents to establish a thorough understanding of the Project Scope and requirements.
- Interacts with Architect/Designer and Subcontractors throughout Bid process.
- Prepares in-house scope outlines.
- Reviews and confirms that Subcontractor Bids include the complete Scope of Work.
- Responsible for buyouts including sub review/qualification, subcontract terms, incorporation of schedule into buyouts.
- Submits Trade Awards for approval, maintains worksheet and monitors job cost.
- Prepares drafts of Proposal documents for review by Senior Management.
- Obtains final sign-off of Bid Proposal Documents from Senior Management.
- Prepares final Bid packages for distribution.
- Responsible for financial health of projects under their control including ensuring adherence to Budget, informing Client of Budget issues, reviewing and signing-off on Subcontracts, Purchase Orders and Change Orders, and tracking expenditures, cash flow and payments.
- Responsible for Project Schedule maintenance including informing Client and Architect of changes and getting necessary approvals; overseeing the Project Team to ensure adherence to Schedule; conducting regular Schedule reviews; and confirming any impacts on Budget.
- Responsible for final negotiation and buy-out of all required Trades; with manager oversight, approves Subcontractor proposals and makes recommendations to the Client/Architect.
- Ensures a safe, clean, and hazard-free jobsite; conducts regular site visits to ensure standards of quality are being met and maintains good relationships with neighbors and Building Management (if applicable).
- Responsible for all aspects of Project Administration, including ensuring correct setup of new Projects, attending weekly job site meetings, delegating duties to Assistant Project Manager (APM), ensuring proper upkeep of all logs and documentation, reviewing all outgoing correspondence related to assigned project(s), and reporting to Senior Management on project status, Owner relations, requisitions and collections.
- Assists Superintendent with Site coordination including daily site visits, coordination of Subcontractors and field personnel, reviewing the progress of Subs, reviewing Drawings and Sketches, inspecting prefabricated items prior to delivery and after installation, and ensuring the highest standards of safety and quality on site are being met.
- Ensures completion of all required project reports.
- Ensures proper close-out of Project(s) including completion of Punch List, signoffs, Certificate of Occupancy, required Permits, and final waivers/releases for all Subs, preparation of Owner’s Manual and training of Owner staff.
- Responsible for the development of Project personnel including performance evaluations and career path development.
- 5+ years Project Management experience in high-end residential or luxury retail construction and/or tenant improvement projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Project).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering preferred.
- Attention to detail, organized and effective task manager.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, mathematical and oral communication skills.
Weekly compensation is commensurate with experience and could range from $70k to $150k annually.
Please note: this position is based out of Long Island City and all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
We are a high-end construction and professional services Company with a range of integrated offerings that span the life cycle of a Client relationship. Our corporate culture is built upon enduring relationships a place where corporate personnel, Clients and Architects are assured that quality, integrity and service are inseparable from our basic mission; building enduring value for our Clients. The Company is the logical extension of our belief that residential construction companies should be held to a higher standard and judged not only on the basis of uncompromising quality and service, but the quality of the total experience.
Our offerings support a client relationship at any stage of its life-cycle from project inception to post construction, and whether it is pre-purchase analysis, a complicated construction project or emergency service, we are committed to serving our clients as a single source provider of residential solutions. Our extensive experience working for the most discerning Clients, Architects and Designers has shaped our Company and led to our reputation as one of the premier service providers for high-end residential projects.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Companys employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
BACKGROUND CHECKS & DRUG SCREENINGS
In connection with all potential applicants where a conditional job offer has been made, the Company will conduct a background check and drug screening via urinalysis. This strictly confidential check will be conducted by a Third Party in compliance with local, state and federal law including but not limited to the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the New York City Fair Chance Act.