Macy’s is looking for self-motivated individuals to partner with a team of Marketing and Photo Professionals responsible for creating online fashion content at our Long Island City Photo Studios. The roles primary objective is handling pre and post-creation of content while continuing to meet both creative and production demands. As part of this creative team you’ll be utilizing new and exciting technology to accomplish Macy’s continuing ecommerce growth. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work closely with the Art directors and Studio coordinators to develop techniques for consistency and efficiency.
- Provide a smooth workflow for Art director on set by following proper file naming conventions, managing image files and setting up all parameters for each shoot.
- Oversee the capture process and ensure that all images are captured properly.
- Notate all technical information needed for retouching team in proprietary software.
- Apply needed crops for shots before transferring to Pre-media department.
- Process and deliver files, contact sheets, and prints as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple complex projects and priorities across multiple teams of people with meticulous attention to detail.
- Maintain studio in a safe and organized manner.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Minimum 2 years photo studio experience.
- Working knowledge of Capture One Pro.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite specifically Photoshop.
- Knowledge of cameras, strobes and continuous light.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Understanding of color and color management.
- Ability to thrive in a creative and productive environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player with a flexible approach.
- Ability to work under pressure and overcome challenges.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.