Job Description and Qualifications
Join a team recognized for excellence in safety, customer service and outstanding performance. Air Products is a Fortune 500 leading manufacturer of industrial gases and has full time Class A Truck Driver/Technician positions available at our Long Beach, CA terminal.
Our employees are the face of Air Products and we are looking for people to join our team!
You will be working in a plant environment, filling high pressure and cryogenic product containers, performing product analysis, conduct equipment inspections and maintenance, unloading/loading trailers. Candidates must be comfortable working 8-hour shifts including weekend work. You must be willing to take ownership of basic safety responsibilities. You must be focused on safe work habits and sustaining a team environment, basic computer skills required and the ability to multitask.
You will act primarily as an Operations Tech with 20-40% of their time being utilized as a Class A truck driver to move cryogenic liquids or high pressure gas in tankers/containers/trailers throughout the plant, which includes crossing the main public road next to the plant. You must maintain DOT and company required driving and equipment records and retain and file inventory management records.
Daily operations duties will require you to produce, package, analyze and load cryogenic liquid and high pressure gas in containers of varying sizes. Additional duties will include loading bulk cryogenic liquid chemical trailers and ISOs as well as offloading bulk materials. Utilize SAP to confirm and process orders, generate shipping documents, keep accurate inventory via cycle counts, and resolve customer complaint notifications. Operate all material handling equipment such as forklifts, electric pallet jacks, tractors, trailers, etc. You will be responsible for Basic Safety Process and be an avid member of the safety team in accordance with company policy and local plant practices.
Local Candidates Only – Paid Relocation is Not Authorized
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements
- 3 years tractor trailer experience
- Physically able to handle wheeled containers in excess of 250 lbs
- Ability to climb trailer ladders safely
- Demonstrative mechanical aptitude
- Must have good communication and computer skills. SAP knowledge a plus
- Willingness to work outdoors 50% of the time
- Set schedule (Monday to Friday)
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Very affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) plan with generous company match
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid training
- Company provided PPE and equipment
- Proven history of employment stability
- Annual bonuses
To learn more, visit About Air Products.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
North America - Weekly