The Sr. (Foundational) Big Data Engineer Role:
The Sr. Big Data Engineer plays a critical role in the construction, maturation and optimization of the foundational components of the big data platform, especially data pipelines. He/she scales the agnostic framework to meet the rapidly-growing, ever-changing business analytics needs of the business, including the migration of the data platform from on-prem to Azure and integration of acquired systems and data. Although the Sr. Big Data Engineer is frequently advisory, consultative and instructive, the role requires daily hands-on involvement.
Engineers and optimizes data pipelines:
- Leads the review, operationalization and optimization of data engineering pipelines.
- Sets best practices and guidelines for building and maintaining data engineering pipelines.
- Collaborates with the delivery leads to review and guide day-to-day operations of foundational tools and data movement as driven by tactical and strategic priorities.
- Collaborates with the BI teams to implement end to end solutions, that include front end tools for data visualization and reporting and applications.
- Mentors and trains data developers on the data engineering pipelines.
Leads the evaluation, selection and integration of technologies and tools:
- Evaluates opportunities with emerging technologies (e.g. Data Bricks, Polybase, Azure tools) and the untapped potential of the existing data platform components (e.g. Nifi, Kafka).
- Advises on, and participates in the integration of new systems (Cloudera on Azure, CDP/CDH upgrade, Amazon Redshift) and subsequent data integration.
- Collaborates with Platform Engineering and Application Architects to implement, test and sign-off on new core platform services and third party tools (e.g. Ranger, Blue Talon, Atlas).
- Collaborates on the implementation of advanced analytic solutions and tools driven by business use cases (e.g. data science using Python, Spark ML).
- Collects feedback on current data infrastructure gaps and opportunities for improvement and presents engineering solutions to the architecture review team and influences their decisions to adopt best-path solutions.
- Provides input and feedback to support continuous improvement in team processes.
- Mentors and trains data developers on new technology, tools and best practices.
â¢ Bachelorsâ Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
â¢ 10 years in data engineering or data architect roles.
â¢ 3 years hands-on experience with Azure or AWS big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Impala, Nifi, Kafka, Zookeeper.).
â¢ Expert level understanding of data lake fundamentals.
â¢ Technical proficiency with data integration and data lake design patterns.
â¢ Strong communication, collaboration, and multi-tasking abilities.
â¢ Experience with Agile methodologies.
â¢ Healthcare experience.
â¢ Consultant experience.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.