Founded in 2013, Thistle is an early stage food-tech startup empowering our customers to get and stay healthy. We deliver healthy, plant-forward meals, cold-pressed juices and snacks to customers in the LA Area who want to put their nutrition on auto-pilot. The Logistics Associate is an integral part of our Fulfillment team, and will assist in the day to day execution of delivering meals throughout the LA Area. In addition to core functions (driver scheduling, delivery routing and real time dispatch), this position will help with acquisition, onboarding and training of new drivers. The ideal candidate is looking to get in the ground level and help scale our delivery operations. This is a part time, hourly position with a starting wage of $17/hour. The schedule is Monday and Wednesdays from 12:00am-8:00am, with a potential for more shifts shortly after starting. It is based out of our fulfillment center in Long Beach, CA.
What You'll Do
- Own the day-to-day delivery fulfillment for a specific shift and/or region of our LA Area team. This includes real time dispatching of our drivers to ensure quality of delivery.
- Implement structure and establish daily SOP’s and key metrics to evaluate top performers
- Serve as a supervisor and point of contact for our 100+ drivers in the LA Area.
- Assist with delivery routing, recruiting, training and management of our drivers
- Must be willing to embrace change and provide insight regarding new processes. You will be empowered to bring new innovative concepts to life on an ongoing basis!
What You'll Bring
- Experience in a service-industry related role, delivery logistics is a major plus
- Must be flexible to work nights and/or weekends
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Google Docs & Sheets
- Ability to prioritize against tight timelines, comfortable performing under pressureExcellent communication and interpersonal skills, must be a team player
- Bonus: You know the geography of the Los Angeles like the back of your hand
Life at Thistle
- Starting pay is $17/hour
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Delicious & nutritious meals, snacks & juice
- Casual work environment
- Comprehensive health benefits to fit your needs
- Flexible PTO & sick pay policy
Diversity and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we'll do our best and most impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.