SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a company on April 1, 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Are you up for the challenge?
- We are looking for a self-motivated person who would like to work his/her way up in our company.
- Serves as a Laborer for the construction of landfill gas collection or other environmental pollution control systems for the Long Beach area
- Perform work in a professional, productive and safe manner
- Continually strive to improve the Offices and ones own, health & safety performance
- Adopt the principles of SCSs Safety Culture
- Understand the Companys philosophy regarding behavior-based safety and play a part in eliminating unsafe practices and conditions
- Reports to the Project Manager, Project Superintendent, Senior Field Technician, or Project Foreman
- May assist other Laborers, Equipment Operators, Foreman, or Superintendents
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows Codes of Safe Work Practices as outlined in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Interacts with other SCS Field Service personnel and/or subcontractors in a professional manner
- Assists in the fusion of pipe by operating fusion equipment under the supervision of a fusion technician
- Enters excavations to fuse pipe, install gas system piping, and install leachate or condensate piping
- Enters manholes, sumps, or other confined spaces to install new gas system or leachate/condensate system piping
- Repairs leachate and condensate lines by cutting piping and/or removing or draining leachate or condensate liquids
- Operates power saws and drills to connect and cut piping and wellheads, and to cut slots into new or existing gas system piping
- Applies glues and primer to gas and leachate system piping to repair or connect piping
- Carrying of or the use of ladders
- Remove, clean and install LFG gas system liquid pumps
- Replace or install sumps for gas system wellheads or leachate systems
- Operate vehicles to pick up parts and equipment
- Participates in monthly tailgate Health and Safety meeting. Participates in monthly Health and Safety (SOP) training
- Prepares daily logs for work performed on sites during work day
- Actively participate in the SAFE process by making observations, review and assist in the development of the project health and safety plans including the associated Job Task Safety Analysis
- 0 to 3 years experience in general construction
- Valid driver's license with driving record in good standing required
- Must meet physical requirements for driving (pick-up truck), lifting and carrying equipment/mechanical components (up to 50 lbs. Unassisted), hand excavation/digging (using shovels/picks), carrying and climbing ladders, operating and working from man lifts, operating electronic tools (drills, saws, etc.), using hand tools (screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, etc.), and providing services under varying weather conditions
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at