Requisition Number: ITSEC03663
IT Security Engineer, Senior
- Long Beach, CA
As one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit Medicare Advantage plans, serving more than 200,000 members in California, SCAN Health Plan has been a mission-driven organization dedicated to keeping seniors healthy and independent for over 40 years. SCAN employees are passionate about what they do, and understand that success is based on achieving the mission. Employees are afforded with the training and tools necessary to do their jobs and are rewarded for their efforts and recognized as experts in their fields. To learn more, visit scanhealthplan.com or follow us on social media: LinkedIn; Facebook; and Twitter.
The Senior Security Engineer leads projects and activities in the planning, designing and implementing of security controls that safeguard and monitor information systems, enterprise applications, and data.
Leads projects to evaluate, recommend, and implement security solutions such as:
- Network Security: Firewall ACLs and Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Identity: Privileged Access Management (PAM) and Role Based Access Controls (RBAC)
- Log Analysis: Security Information & Event Management, emphasis on UEBA (SIEM)
- Host-based Protection: Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (HIDS/HIPS)
- Threat Hunting + Response: Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools
- Securing non-persistent/virtual environments/endpoints.
- Some experience with Dev-Sec-Ops, Web Application/Container Security
- Cloud Provider Security/Solutions
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Vulnerability Management/ System Hardening
Analyzes security systems and seeks improvements on a continuous basis.
Provides CSIRT support as needed in response to information security related events.
Assists the development of security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as security operations procedures and processes.
Establishes and maintains a strong working relationship with all team members.
Successfully manages time and technical responsibilities, sets accurate expectations, and meets deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information sharing environment. May assign project tasks to other team members.
Provides training and technical expertise to other security engineering staff.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and conferences.
Ensures accurate and timely completion of all the work assigned.
Stays current on IT security trends and news.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security; or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable technical degree with information security certifications (or equivalent career experience).
- CISSP, CISSP-ISSEP, SSCP, CEH, Security+ certifications preferred.
- 7+ years of IT experience with at least three of those years working as a Security Engineer.
- Hand’s-on experience with 5 of the following: vulnerability scanning, Next Gen firewalls, enterprise anti-virus, IDS/IPS, SIEM, User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA), Privileged Access Management (PAM), Web Application Firewalls (WAF), email security solutions.
- Advanced information security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Ability to manage projects and work with limited supervision.
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system and application level security issues.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive compensation and benefits program
- An annual employee bonus program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Excellent 403(b) Saving Plan, providing up to 4% match and vesting after three years
- Casual attire
- A work-life balance and much more!
We're always looking for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply now!
At SCAN we believe that it is our business to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects our community through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
SCAN is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Individuals seeking employee will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.