Requisition Number: ITPLA03664
IT Planning Manager
- Long Beach, CA
As one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit Medicare Advantage plans, serving more than 200,000 members in California, SCAN Health Plan has been a mission-driven organization dedicated to keeping seniors healthy and independent for over 40 years. SCAN employees are passionate about what they do, and understand that success is based on achieving the mission. Employees are afforded with the training and tools necessary to do their jobs and are rewarded for their efforts and recognized as experts in their fields. To learn more, visit scanhealthplan.com or follow us on social media: LinkedIn; Facebook; and Twitter.
Lead the development and management of the IT Project Portfolio and IT Strategic Planning efforts. In doing so, help the IT departments follow controlled, processes and procedures to deliver on projects in accordance with strategic goals and operational needs. Facilitate and lead IT Annual Planning with business units and their leadership.
- Develop, maintain, monitor, and report on the IT Portfolio. Facilitate IT Portfolio review sessions with IT management team(s).
- Maintain communication with Business Alignment Teams and business customers to stay informed on project expectations and priorities.
- Understand projects in portfolio and provide guidance and suggestions to IT departments on project priority, relationships, and dependencies.
- Actively lead the IT executive team with maintaining, monitoring, and reporting on the IT Strategic Project Roadmaps.
- Understand the strategic projects and roadmaps, and document, track and update priority, relationships, and dependencies on projects within the roadmaps.
- As necessary, facilitate Strategic Project Roadmap review sessions with IT management team(s).
- Lead IT Annual Planning development with IT management and business teams. Apply knowledge of operational and strategic projects, and strategic direction to lead ideation and drive solutioning discussions.
- Apply knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), ITIL, project management, and portfolio management to continually improve service to our business customers.
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to our customers, internal and external, via professional work products and presentations.
- Lead Portfolio and Roadmap review sessions. Ensure all statuses and feedback are gathered successfully and that any unforeseen issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Develop or contribute to the process and methods used for the overall management planning of the IT department. Assess goals and priorities and recommend strategies and techniques to prepare comprehensive and achievable plans.
- Assign work activities and provide guidance and task direction to staff supporting the IT planning process.
- Represent IT as liaison to business related meetings, communicating status of IT projects.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well organized presentations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Master’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- ITIL or Six Sigma certification is preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience with the software lifecycle and enterprise program management or IT project portfolio administration is required.
- 3+ years of experience in a mid or large enterprise IT environment is required.
- 3+ years Project Management experience with cross functional teams is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in Healthcare, specifically with Payer or Health Plan, is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working for large business consulting organizations is preferred.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive compensation and benefits program
- An annual employee bonus program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Excellent 403(b) Saving Plan, providing up to 4% match and vesting after three years
- Casual attire
- Telecommute opportunity
- A work-life balance and much more!
We're always looking for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply now!
At SCAN we believe that it is our business to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects our community through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
SCAN is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Individuals seeking employee will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.