Permanent position: Global manufacturer and distributor of industrial hardware is seeking an Assistant Engineering Manager for their design department in the Long Beach, CA area. Qualified candidates will have a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5-10 years of product design experience. In addition, candidates should have 3-5 years of experience overseeing design teams. This is a dynamic role that will interface with internal design and production teams, as well as clients and require someone who is curious about improving efficiency and processes. In addition to an amazing benefits package, this company is 100% Employee owned company offering generous stock ownership.
Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
- Oversee and supervise a team of engineers and designers
- Evaluate new designs and drawings and oversee changes to existing product designs and development processes.
- Employ fundamental principles of APQP, FMEA and PPAP.
- Determine root cause during new product development stage and provide solutions.
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years of new product design and development experience (cradle to grave) and 3-5 years of supervisory experience leading design/engineering teams.
- Solid understanding of each of the following concepts/tools: APQP, FMEA< PPAP, ISO 9001
- Some experience using a mechanical CAD system (Solidworks, Creo PRO E, etc.). Will not be required to design much, but should be able to work in the tools to help when needed.
- Business acumen - should be able to clearly communicate with teams and clients with confidence.
- Experience with Lean, Kaizen or Continuous Improvement programs a plus.
- 401k match
- Employee stock ownership program
- Paid holidays and time off
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
apqp, fmea, ppap, npd, new product development, engineering supervisor, engineering lead, assistant engineering manager, asst. engineering manager, asst. manager, design manager, mechanical design manager, ,ansi, cnc, curtain, dimensional, dimensioning, dimensions, injection, isometric, lathes, machined, machines, machining, machinist, molded, plastic, plastics, tolerances, tool, tooling, tools, y14, sheetmetal, sheet metal, ul, ul/csa, ul\csa, underwriters laboratory, csa, dfma, nfpa, plastic, resin, nylon, mold, injection, extrusion, enclosures, machined, e/m, electromechanical, electro-mechanical, nema, nec, product design, product development, packaging, product designer, electro mechanical designer, plastics designermechanical design engineer, design engineer, mechanical engineer, development engineer, electro-mechanical engineer, electro mechanical engineer, mechanical engineering, mechanical designer, mechanical design, bsme, ,industrial engineer, bsie, hospital, medical, clinic, healthcare, health care, patient care, managed care, rehabilitation, blue cross, physician, therapy, hmo, hbo, medaphis, first data, rtpm, pi historian servers, pi process book, pi data links, realtime performance management, osi software, business systems, process improvement, process efficiency, work flow, workflow, information flow, process flow, reengineering, re-engineering, process design, process redesign, process analyst, business requirements, it requirements, it requirement, business consulting, business needs, needs assessment, business processes, healthcare, process improvement, data analyis.milling, machining, machine shop, fabrication, stamping, press brake, turret, tooling, cnc, computer numerical control, lathe, turret punch, fabriwind, metalsoft, amada, trumpf, quickpart, qcam, open cnc, microturn, manufacturing interactives, opencnc, zero m, creative evolution, fabrix, cnc station, mastercam, dialog programming, dncnet, true cnc, rockford, cnc, e.e.p.d., envader