Requisition Number: ACCOU03658
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Long Beach, CA
- Full Time
As one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit Medicare Advantage plans, serving more than 200,000 members in California, SCAN Health Plan has been a mission-driven organization dedicated to keeping seniors healthy and independent for over 40 years. SCAN employees are passionate about what they do, and understand that success is based on achieving the mission. Employees are afforded with the training and tools necessary to do their jobs and are rewarded for their efforts and recognized as experts in their fields. To learn more, visit scanhealthplan.com or follow us on social media: LinkedIn; Facebook; and Twitter.
Responsible for maintaining and processing Accounts Payable for all SCAN entities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Inputs A/P invoices into the Oracle ERP system. Reviews g/l coding and verifies invoice amounts as well as budget vs. non-budget.
- Performs monthly capitation check printing from MC400.
- Coordinates with the Claims department and other team members in the Finance department to administer the check void, trace, or stop payment process.
- Maintains check register, prints A/P checks, and verifies accuracy of payments, vendors, invoice numbers, and addresses.
- Maintains consulting files and verifies check requests against signed agreements.
- Communicates with requestors and vendors regarding the inquiries on payment status.
- Responsible for monthly vendor reconciliation with the AP Aging report.
- Provides the invoices and supporting documentations for prepaid asset, fixed asset purchase and other transactions to assist the Finance month-end close.
- Works with GL accountant(s) to ensure accruals are correct for assigned departments.
- Communicates with assigned departments to ensure all invoices are coded to proper GL account number and are submitted timely.
- Identifies control and/or process inefficiencies and proposes enhancements to the current process striving for continuous improvement.
- Provides reports for auditors, analysis and special projects as assigned.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Acts as the Accounts Payable Supervisor’s back-up when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent work experience) required.
- Associates Degree preferred
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude and reliable
- Ability to interface with various levels of management across the organization.
- Experience in the health insurance, Medicare, hospital and/or healthcare industries is highly desirable.
- Oracle ERP Accounting Software experience preferred.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive compensation and benefits program
- An annual employee bonus program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Excellent 403(b) Saving Plan, providing up to 4% match and vesting after three years
- Casual attire
- A work-life balance and much more!
We're always looking for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply now!
At SCAN we believe that it is our business to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects our community through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
SCAN is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Individuals seeking employee will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.