Enable SWR On Train Service team to track and manager functional performance and improvement initiatives with the over-arching purpose of improving the punctuality of our train services resulting in improved customer satisfaction.
- Oversea the daily allocation and management of all TINs by depot manger area
- Check and challenge any incorrect attribution allocated to function / TINs
- Produce data driven spreadsheets and ensure comprehensive population with root causes correctly reported
- Pro-actively manager on the day live performance incidents
- Ensure that functional PIP leads have accurate performance data to drive PIPs
- Own and support the production of the functional PIP plan and presentation ensuring compliance to period deadlines
- Ensuring that the periodic / YTD results vs. budget are represented accurately in the documents
- Lead, Implement and manage functional ILRs
- Attend other functions ILRs upon request
- Document the 'lessons-learned' from ILRs and implement changes to share the learning and deliver improvements.
- Produce weekly and period data as requested.
- Support and develop the depot support clerks within performance
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Comply with all Health & Safety policy and legislation in the performance of the duties of this post
- Comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act.
- Be qualified as a Contingency Guard.
- A passion for a punctual train service for our customers
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under time pressure are essential.
- Strong administration, planning and organization skills with experience of working in a cross functional business environment
- Highly numerate and computer literate with developed skills in spreadsheet and Microsoft office packages
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- First rate stakeholder engagement skills. The successful applicant will be personable and have the confidence to challenge other managers while maintaining an effective working relationship
- Excellent communicating, negotiating and influencing skills
- A self-starter that takes the initiative without requiring direction
- A knowledge of the rail industry and of drivers of customer satisfaction
- High level of numeracy, and good analytical skills
- Ideally, must be able to manipulate data in excel to produce graphs from pivot tables
- Excellent communicator
Working an average of 37 hours per week - office hours
Please note you must be flexible to work in both London and Southampton.
In return we offer a competitive salary and a variety of valuable benefits including free standard duty travel and 1st class leisure travel on SWR services for employee, free 1st class leisure travel for spouse/partner and dependants (criteria dependant) , 75% discount on many other train operating companies, a range of retail benefits and an excellent pension scheme.